Amplifier+CD Player from Singapore

sudeeps

Hi All,

I'm building my new stereo setup and have decided most likely or MA BR2/BX2/KEF Q300s as my speakers. Looking for an integrated amp within a budget of around 20K INR for same. Now the story is that a friend of mine is coming from Singapore in January and has kindly agreed to bring stuff for me ( yoo hoo :yahoo:). So I plan to get integrated amp + CD player from Singapore :)

Now I have read some threads about getting hi fi from Singapore in our forum and have gathered some basic info but many threads are pretty back dated so this thread. The information I could gather is that shops of preference for getting stereo amps + CDp is Alpha Audio - Sim Lim Square / Adelphi

I need some more info for same like -

1. Any more shops providing best prices and which are reliable ?
2. Custom issues at Kolkata airport and how to tackle ? Any precaution to take for it ?
3. My friend hardly has any knowledge about hi-fi, so what should I tell him to check ( other than the model no and brand etc )?
4. With the current currency rate, will it be wise to purchase from there ?

Please guide me. I guess need lots of info here as I myself will not be going there but a friend with limited knowledge about stereo systems.

Thanks

Thanks, yes I have read some forums, but I couldn't get much info on costums etc, may be I missed it or something. Any info on current prices or anything?

Thanks

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back