Amplifier for Paradigm Titan monitor

hd650gm

I am getting Paradigm Titan thru one of my friends. I am looking for amplifier now. I have auditioned Titan with CA 650A, which was good. I also listened couple of times with Yamaha AVR - A1000 in pure direct mode. CA was quite good in highs and mids. A1000 was good in highs.

Would like to know what would be cost of CA 650A in chennai,India ?
Will NAD suit Paradigm Titan ?

I listen to classic rock mostly , not into lot of treble/more forward sounds.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

I listen to classic rock mostly , not into lot of treble/more forward sounds.

If you like your music a bit laid back, and not bright, you might like to try your setup with a NAD amp.

You should be able to audition one at Decibel in Chennai. From what I've read on the forum, they are quite friendly and they will most likely let you audition a NAD amp with your speakers there.

Paradigm tweeters are considered to be decently bright so adding extra brigter sounding amp may spoil the experience , look for a laid back n warm sounding amp to balance the pair. Althouh recomended power starts from 15w per channel , I'd say it would be better to consider the amp min 50w to 60w per channel. Try audition with NAD 326 bee, Yamaha AS 500 and Marantz PM 7 or 8 series.

Look forward to your auditioning reviews here :)

I have auditioned the Paradigm Titan Monitors with a NAD C326BEE amplifier and I am still blown away by the sound. The Paradigm being a bit revealing pairs very well with the laid back NAD.
Audition the combo before making the buying decision though.

I auditioned the Denon 500 CDP and NAD 355 recently with the Paradigm Monitor 9 and it was very good.

I own the Paradigm Titans too and i am inclined towards the NAD amplifier. Maybe if your budget allows do look at the NAD 355 also.

Ofcourse its your ear and your wallet..and your happiness so listen to your chosen amps preferably with your speakers.

You may like to consider decent speaker stands as well..

regards,
mpw

Thanks for your suggestions guys. was really helpful to get an idea.

I will go for audition with NAD ( 326 / 355 ) and Yamaha A-S500 and post the review here.

Any idea how much NAD / Yamaha will cost ? I am US right now, Shall I buy and bring amp from here , considering the option of step down transformer ?

You can buy good preowned models for lesser price in the U.S.

Check sites like audiogon.com

Hi,
I've heard the Titans with a NAD 326 amp. Found the results enjoyable. Found Titans to be mildly forward speakers and a bit lean from mid-bass to low bass, hence AFAIK NAD's warm character would complement these better than the regular Marantz or CA in 20-30 k price range. (your source, i.e CDP or DAC should be neutral sounding though).

Of course, if possible, make final decision only after audition with various amps.

Regds,

Thanks guys for suggestion.

Currently leaning towards NAD 326 / 356. I will do some audition ( if available in US ) and post the review here.

Does anybody know - How much NAD 326 / 356 costs in chennai with B&W ? It will be helpful to compare costs here in US. As such, I am trying in audiogon etc..

Currently leaning towards NAD 326 / 356. I will do some audition ( if available in US ) and post the review here.

Does anybody know - How much NAD 326 / 356 costs in chennai with B&W ? It will be helpful to compare costs here in US. As such, I am trying in audiogon etc..

@hd650gm
I guess its 28k INR and 42k INR for NAD 326 and 356 respectively.
If looking for an amplifier in USA then look for something for which you can select the input voltage between 110V and 230V.

-------------------------------------------------------

hd650,

which amp did you go for ? wouild like to know your choices and audition experiences ?

rgds
mpw

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back