Amplifier for Usher CP 6311

amitk777

All,

I recently bought Usher CP6311 speakers.

I have been recommended vintage amplifiers like Sansui AU xxx series and Carver amps for these speakers.

Can the fellow members help in finding such amps ? What are the other options that I can have ? Why these vintage amps are good for these speaker ?

I have a budget of around 40K.

Thx
Amit

Hi George,

Following are the specs :

Bass-reflex speaker
Frequency response 34Hz-28kHz
Driver complement 7'' woofer, 1'' fabric dome tweeter
Nominal impedance 8 ohms nominal
Sensitivity 87dB/2.83V/1M

Thx
Amit

Are you looking for new or pre-owned?
40k seems a bit low for the Ushers for a new amp.

The Exposure does look like a nice one.

Best if you asked the dealer where you bought the Ushers from. He would remember your preferences and guide you accordingly.
Do check with Sridhar of ARN, Bengaluru if you already haven't. Very helpful person.

I've heard the Usher 6361 and Mini Dancer at ARN with Line Magnetic 210a and the combination sounded good.
But then both these speakers are having higher sensitivity.
There's a LM 216ia for sale at Kolkata and this is supposed to be very good.

hi amit
sent you a pm. i've got a nad c272 power amp with a nad pre as well that im looking to dispose. its a powerful amp and should easily drive your speakers

Hi Naturelover,

I am planning for used amplifier, therefore the budget.
The linemagnetic on sale seems outside of my budget, moreover I want something which does not require too much care. Somehow I have that impression for tubes based amplifiers.

I will check with ARN systems, as you have suggested.

Thx
Amit

Look up the NAD

It's in Hyderabad as well.

See if the NAD owner is OK with getting them to your place for a trial

All,

I have been recommended vintage amplifiers like Sansui AU xxx series and Carver amps for these speakers.

Can the fellow members help in finding such amps ? What are the other options that I can have ? Why these vintage amps are good for these speaker ?

Thx
Amit

Congrats Amit!

I do not know why vintage amps are recommended and what are the advantages... Usher recommends using them with a 80-100WPC amp,
but CP-6311 are not hard to drive... and are optimized for solid-state amplifiers.

BTW remember seeing this ad on hifiads...
and
Archive: Usher Floor Standing Speakers CP-6311 - Hyderabad - TV - Video - Audio

All,

Thx
Amit

If you are from Hyderabad check if anything available at InventionAudio as in the whatHifi thread in AV Lounge it was mentioned as good sound at the show.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back