Amplifier suggestion - Marantz or Denon at Reliance

sunil007

I saw in reliance digital that they selling the last piece of denon 1513 avr with denon speakers for 17.4k and marantz nr 1402( only av receiver) for 18k. These are old models but is it worth to buy this for small room.The specification are gd with dts hd && dolby hd. The main purpose is to connect settopbox for 5.1 and play through usb.

Hi

Go straight for the NR1402.....this will work well for your requirement...dont be fooled by the 50watts rms power per channel....you will be very surprised with its performance...

You can pair them with Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 speakers or Morel Primo....

The USB slot on the AVR will only play music files and not video files...no AVR plays directly video files....please be clear on that.....

You can play the Video files through the TV and give the TV audio out (through optical or coaxial) to the AVR....

Thanks a million. I am thinking to pair it with p40 yamaha. In the same reliance , they are selling boston soundwave 5.1 to 20k last piece. I am bit worried about the last piece, are they gd enough or any defect might be there. Denon one comes with speaker set so very cheap over all.

Thanks a million. I am thinking to pair it with p40 yamaha. In the same reliance , they are selling boston soundwave 5.1 to 20k last piece. I am bit worried about the last piece, are they gd enough or any defect might be there. Denon one comes with speaker set so very cheap over all.

Make sure, you get a proper warranty and the receiver is not scratched or damaged in any way. Places to look are the HDMI ports, a number of scratches will tell you a story. Audition the available speakers and pick the one that sounds good to you.

MaSh

I saw in reliance digital that they selling the last piece of denon 1513 avr with denon speakers for 17.4k and marantz nr 1402( only av receiver) for 18k. These are old models but is it worth to buy this for small room.The specification are gd with dts hd && dolby hd. The main purpose is to connect settopbox for 5.1 and play through usb.

Certainly you may consider NR1402. But note that it's out dated model, you can't get replacement when you claim warranty, only you can get it repaired if they give manufacturer warranty.

Reg speakers, it's such nice receiver which can crank any driver (size) speaker at sharp. Have a Audition if possible, before billing.

Hi sunil007

Check everything ...especially Manufacturer warranty....anyways in India, there is no replacement given at all, only repairs are done....unless you know the dealer very well and share a good rapport!

Boston Soundware 5.1 is good and will match well. If you are concerned about the last piece and possible defects...go for other brand speakers within your budget...

Hifi Mart sells Taga speakers....perhaps you can look at those....there is an exclusive thread on Taga speakers...you can ask for user opinions there

My friend got the the same Marantz from reliance for 19200/- last year. It is flawless.
The other day one of our colleagues also bought the same and enjoying it with Boston acoustics ware speakers.

Again those old series (15xx,16xx,19xx) denons avrs are very good. I had Denon 1610 running flawlessly for 8 years. Then the HDMI connection wasn't working well. Luckily the other digital inputs( coaxial and optical ) are working. So I had it for Dish Tv HD purpose.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back