Amplifier suggestions for tiny dancers

psoonee

Hi All,

I've planned on moving from mostly iems and headphones to a stereo setup for a while now. Took the plunge and purchased a pair of tiny dancers.

Having blown more than i anticipated on these, i am now looking for a reasonable amplifier to drive them.

The source is going to be a squeezebox touch.

The room size is roughly 25 X 15.

I plan to buy used and i would prefer to stay below 40k for the amp.

do let me know if you all have heard some good combos or have or know of a nice used amplifier for sale.

psoonee,

howz you ??

i remember you..

these are good speakers.. there were 2 pairs ( pre owned ) on this forum.

have you got stands for these ?

ARN systems is the usher dealer ( odyssey on HFV).. check if he recommends something or if he has something pre owned..

these are supposed to be really nice speakers.

rgds
mpw

Hi mpw, doing well!

Yeah, i picked up alitaher2009's pair. And no, still looking for stands, budget of about 6-10k.

I've been through all the info on amp pairings for these on this forum, but most of the suggestions cross my budget of 40k.

The jatons came close and there was a nice pair for sale by subho on the other forum but i missed them.

A new one, while reasonable, will push my budget to 60 since a decent pre is needed as well.

I am hoping for suggestions so that i can start auditioning those. And if a nice used deal comes along, the whole thing might move faster.

Hi mpw, doing well!

Yeah, i picked up alitaher2009's pair. And no, still looking for stands, budget of about 6-10k.

I've been through all the info on amp pairings for these on this forum, but most of the suggestions cross my budget of 40k.

The jatons came close and there was a nice pair for sale by subho on the other forum but i missed them.

A new one, while reasonable, will push my budget to 60 since a decent pre is needed as well.

I am hoping for suggestions so that i can start auditioning those. And if a nice used deal comes along, the whole thing might move faster.

The Jatons are a no-no for these speakers. BE718 need much more MEAT (if you know what i mean). The other seller of BE718 on HFV had owned Jaton & then got rid of the same Jaton you were after so that should speak for itself about its abilities with the BE718.

Last edited:
Contact magma on hfv for stands. Good luck with your search. Pls take help of delhi forum members.

Audition as much as you can.

Mpw

Check buy and sell forums, someone was selling a sal alif from magma for 5k near brand new condition with plastic still on them.

Yup, but bangalore.

Shipping would be prohibitive.

Rechecked and i think you meant Sushant's pair. He will only let them go post selling his speakers.

Last edited:
You will need a really powerful amp to drive these. I know someone who uses a bell canto 500 power amp....

also heard that someone had to crank the volume meter to read 80 (max was 100) on a 120 watt * 8 ohms amp, to get these speakers to sing. Therefore do choose amplifier wisely.

good luck and congratulations on your purchase.

You will need a really powerful amp to drive these. I know someone who uses a bell canto 500 power amp....

also heard that someone had to crank the volume meter to read 80 (max was 100) on a 120 watt * 8 ohms amp, to get these speakers to sing. Therefore do choose amplifier wisely.

Thanks Viraj,

Any suggestions as to which amps would be roughly around 40k in the used market?

As of now the only thing which seem within range are a used azur 840a, maybe a nad 372. Both of which would just about work but no where near what is ideal.

Wouldn't it be wiser to change the speaker instead? Lol!

Fellow forum members were kind enough to send in offers for some equipment and the current combo which seems feasible is an emotiva USP-1 + UPA-2 combo which is coming to a shade under 48k. This, of course, is higher than the 40k i had budgeted.

Is this a good combination to pair with the speakers? And is the offer reasonable?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back