Amplifier within 50K : Please suggest

Kumar442244

Hello fellow members,

Out in market again in hunt of an amplifier. Please guide.

Requirements:-

- Strictly within 50K INR.
- Should have Bluetooth and USB connectivity.
- Should have pre/sub out
- Should have provision to be connected to the AVR
- Preferably inbuilt DAC.

Current Setup: Dali Z3, Marantz NR1607, Pioneer BDP 180.

Have the option to hand carry it from Belgium.

Kindly advice. Need to seal the deal asap.

Hi

Given the preferences etc....look at Cambridge Audio, NAD, Marantz mid segment line up....in terms of budget....not sure about the pricing...can be more....unless you are ready to fore go some features / requirements

Hi

Given the preferences etc....look at Cambridge Audio, NAD, Marantz mid segment line up....in terms of budget....not sure about the pricing...can be more....unless you are ready to fore go some features / requirements

Thanks Efernand,

Could you please specify the model which i shud be looking at?

- CA CXA60 is the closest in my budget. Would it be a good choice?

Any other model that i should consider?

Why and how do you propose to connect your amplifier to an AVR? What purpose is that going to serve?
Is it because you wish to utilize the Zensors with both the amp and AVR? If so then that is not the way to go.

Why and how do you propose to connect your amplifier to an AVR? What purpose is that going to serve?
Is it because you wish to utilize the Zensors with both the amp and AVR? If so then that is not the way to go.

Hello shibashis/FMs,

I wanted to get rid of the hassles of switching the speaker between amp and the AVR and hence the concerns. Else is fine.

Cambridge CXA60 satisfy my need and looks in budget too (750 Euros). Dont have the option to audition and hence plz suggest if its SQ and SQ to price ratio is worth 750 Euros.

Another consideration is Yamaha A-s701 which is slightly cheaper than CXA60 but a little heavier to be hand carried from Belgium (Although managable).

Kindly advice which one to go for or any other which should gel well with current set up (Dali Z3, Dali E-12F, Pioneer BDP-180).

Just saw the Quad Vena on hfv home page. DAC, USB, bluetooth, pre-out.
Rs 51k on hifimart.

Just saw the Quad Vena on hfv home page. DAC, USB, bluetooth, pre-out.
Rs 51k on hifimart.

Thanks Naturelover,

Wasnt able to find too much of review for this model. Any idea how is it performance wise?

Not sure if i can audition this anywhere.

Kindly help.

Hello FMs,

Have conveniently exceeded my budget by another 10-12K for the amp.

Profoundly confused between Cambridge audio CXA80 (67K INR) and Marantz PM8005 (64K INR). These prices are on amazon.de

Kindly advice which one to go for.

CXA80 has all that i am looking for (Bluetooth, Sub/pre out et al).

You could look at the Marantz M-CR611 which also has it all.
Rs 47,900 on hifimart.
Showing at around 300 in the UK.

Last edited:
Thanks All,

have Dali Zensor 3 which i intend to connect with the amp i buy.

Need suggestions if Z3 will gel well with CXA80?

Also, Apart from DAC, which one wud be better, MCR 611 or CXA80 given that the price difference between the 2 is ~40K (UK price)?

Thanks All,

have Dali Zensor 3 which i intend to connect with the amp i buy.

Need suggestions if Z3 will gel well with CXA80?

Also, Apart from DAC, which one wud be better, MCR 611 or CXA80 given that the price difference between the 2 is ~40K (UK price)?

Ugh! Speaker agony now:). Crazy hobby this is...

I have not heard the Z3 but I will go out on a limb here and generalise: entry level European speakers and amps play well with each other. I speak from experience. I bought my Wharfy Diamond 9.1 just based on Stereophile's review and I have not been disappointed with the system I have now. Smooth, balanced, dynamic & fatigue-free sound. Having said that, if you can audition the gear do so to settle your mind! A quick check reveals 5* for the Zensor 3 by What hifi and an equally enthusiastic review of the CXA80 (terrific looks). I think you should be ok with this gear. Just make sure CXA80 meets your requirements of modern wireless connectivity- wifi, BT etc,.

Common man, pull the plug, invite us over & serve some nice beverages :).

Ugh! Speaker agony now:). Crazy hobby this is...

I have not heard the Z3 but I will go out on a limb here and generalise: entry level European speakers and amps play well with each other. I speak from experience. I bought my Wharfy Diamond 9.1 just based on Stereophile's review and I have not been disappointed with the system I have now. Smooth, balanced, dynamic & fatigue-free sound. Having said that, if you can audition the gear do so to settle your mind! A quick check reveals 5* for the Zensor 3 by What hifi and an equally enthusiastic review of the CXA80 (terrific looks). I think you should be ok with this gear. Just make sure CXA80 meets your requirements of modern wireless connectivity- wifi, BT etc,.

Common man, pull the plug, invite us over & serve some nice beverages :).

Hey raghu,

Its not speaker agony, already have Z3.

just wanted to check how well does it gel with CA.

M in belgium currently on a very tight schedule and audition wont be possible .

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back