An Amateur's call for help: Would appreciate guidance in setting up my Home Theater

Kumarmayur

Hi Folks,

I am a complete new bee in this world. I am looking to setup a home theatre for my apartment. As a novice I have read a lot of articles and reviews and the more I read the more confusing it becomes. :sad:

Would appreciate guidance from audiophiles in this group who could help me select the best option.

Here are the details:

Requirement: Looking for an entry level setup which should sound good.

Room Size: 15 X 13

Options that I have

1. Yamaha YHT - 1840 - Price 33,900
2. Onkyo HT 3800 - 34,900

Now comes the interesting part:

I have an option to buy display pieces - with 3 years warranty from Reliance Digital

1. Denon AVR 2113 - Price 20,000 + Extra for speakers
2. Sony STR DH550 - Price 14,000 + Extra for speakers

Please help me choose the best option out of these 4,

If the choice is Denon/SONY - please suggest the speakers that I should pair with these AVRs

thanks guys

Re: An Amateur's call for help: Would appreciate guidance in setting up my Home Theat

Showroom people wont handle display pieces with care. If you go for them, check each and every functionality very carefully.

Re: An Amateur's call for help: Would appreciate guidance in setting up my Home Theat

Hi Kumar...

That denon is a 2012 model and the Sony is a 2014 model. Both are completely outdated and don't come with 4k pass through or hdcp 2.2. In short, for a home theatre setup, they have lost even before the race has begun. So please don't consider them at all.

As regarding the Yamaha and onkyo set-ups, I havent heard either. So sorry can't help you there. Maybe someone with first hand experience of both, will come across shortly.

In short only decide between the Yamaha and onkyo systems. All the best

Hi, mods.. I have got two threads running for the same question. can you please delete this one. thanks.

Is this for movies or music? If both, is there a ratio that you can look at?

In that price range, have you heard these play and found any difference in quality?

People will give you advice, but its your money and ears, so the more you demo the better.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back