An Audio Player for MAC

chander

Dear FMs here to get suggestions on a music player for use with MAC Book air M1. The requirements are -
1 - Ability to play high resolution local files without changing the format. The usual suspects, FLAC, WAV, .CUE, ALAC, DSD etc etc.
2 - Gapless playback a great "to-have" but not a deal breaker.
3 - Metadata update - extremely important.
4 - Ability to add streaming services - like Tidal.

The ones I have tried till now -
1 - Apple music - doesn't do anything, except acknowledge that I have 3 albums out of 1000+ & plays them. Painful music organisation.
2 - Audirvana - does most of it but I was looking for something cheaper. I just want to sort thru my local music and then stick it permanently to the streamer.

Thanks!
Chander

Dear FMs here to get suggestions on a music player for use with MAC Book air M1. The requirements are -
1 - Ability to play high resolution local files without changing the format. The usual suspects, FLAC, WAV, .CUE, ALAC, DSD etc etc.

1 - Apple music - doesn't do anything, except acknowledge that I have 3 albums out of 1000+ & plays them. Painful music organisation.
2 - Audirvana - does most of it but I was looking for something cheaper. I just want to sort thru my local music and then stick it permanently to the streamer.

Thanks!
Chander
JRiver will do 1-3 very well, but not 4.

JRiver will do 1-3 very well, but not 4.
Thanks @jaiwant_alex - I want to have a single source for playing music. I am very inconvenience agnostic :p; so prefer the simplest setup possible. Hence ROON is out, as it just adds more devices in the chain and just more pain.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am very inconvenience agnostic :p; so prefer the simplest setup possible. Hence ROON is out, as it just adds more devices in the chain and just more pain
Completely agree. However with the way that the music landscape is developing, I find that the older software (Jriver, Foobar etc) which were good at handling local files have not been able to incorporate streaming services into their product too well. Newer solutions (eg Volumio) integrate well with streaming services but are not good enough at library management and local file playback :).

Thanks!
Chander

Audirvana may seem expensive but the SQ and convenience factors are amazing. Go for it.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back