Analog to Digital Converter!

krishnab4u

Dear All, i feel happy to be here.

I have read many many things here before my purchase of Home Theatre and TV. But little did i know about the essential of ARC. So i missed to see this feature in my new LG 24LN4305 Full HD TV.

I have Sony BDV E3100 home theatre system (New one).

is it possible to feed 2.1 audio from TV to HTS and make it 5.1 surround sound (digital quality)?

I heard of Analog to Digital conversion. Anyone have experienced the outcome of it? Please share your experience.

Dear All, i feel happy to be here.

I have read many many things here before my purchase of Home Theatre and TV. But little did i know about the essential of ARC. So i missed to see this feature in my new LG 24LN4305 Full HD TV.

I have Sony BDV E3100 home theatre system (New one).

is it possible to feed 2.1 audio from TV to HTS and make it 5.1 surround sound (digital quality)?

I heard of Analog to Digital conversion. Anyone have experienced the outcome of it? Please share your experience.

Dolby pro logic II does stereo to 5.1 channel
If your TV supports TOSlink try to connect it to your Home theater
Even if u would have got an arc supporting TV you wudnt be able to ARC connection as there was reported some ARC compatibility issues with LG tv and Sony Home theaters

Dolby pro logic II does stereo to 5.1 channel
Meaning that no need for converter?. Dolby Pro Logic II in my Sony Home Theatre will take care of the audio distribution?.
If your TV supports TOSlink try to connect it to your Home theater
My LG TV has only RCA Audio output. No optical. I have connected HTS and HD DTH STB with Toslink already. Anyways i have hooked my TV with PC also, so while i play some videos and large collection of mp3 from my PC, i would like to hear in 5.1 surround sound
Even if u would have got an arc supporting TV you wudnt be able to ARC connection as there was reported some ARC compatibility issues with LG tv and Sony Home theaters
Thanks for the info.

Meaning that no need for converter?. Dolby Pro Logic II in my Sony Home Theatre will take care of the audio distribution?.

My LG TV has only RCA Audio output. No optical. I have connected HTS and HD DTH STB with Toslink already. Anyways i have hooked my TV with PC also, so while i play some videos and large collection of mp3 from my PC, i would like to hear in 5.1 surround sound

Thanks for the info.

If your Sony Home theater supports it, it will take care of it. If there is no digital output then you are out of luck, since you are playin on TV.

How are you connecting your PC to your HTS? If it is through HDMI or TOS playing 5.1 on your computer u can hear it in your HTS. So all u need to check is whether your HTS supports Dolby prologic II or NEO6 mode for hearing it in 5.1 or 7.1 etc

If your Sony Home theater supports it, it will take care of it. If there is no digital output then you are out of luck, since you are playin on TV.

How are you connecting your PC to your HTS? If it is through HDMI or TOS playing 5.1 on your computer u can hear it in your HTS. So all u need to check is whether your HTS supports Dolby prologic II or NEO6 mode for hearing it in 5.1 or 7.1 etc

I tried connecting PC-TV using VGA and PC-HTS using the HDMI port available with Nvidia Geforce GT 210 Graphic card installed in my PC. But the graphic card is not able to detect the HTS. It says "no audio capable display available" when i connect the HDMI from PC to my HTS. It works perfect when i connect HDMI from PC to TV.

Any suggestion please!

I tried connecting PC-TV using VGA and PC-HTS using the HDMI port available with Nvidia Geforce GT 210 Graphic card installed in my PC. But the graphic card is not able to detect the HTS. It says "no audio capable display available" when i connect the HDMI from PC to my HTS. It works perfect when i connect HDMI from PC to TV.

Any suggestion please!

Does the HTs have an HDMI in? you cannot connect the pc to the hdmi out of the hts, you might fry something.

if it has an HDMI in then the correct way to connect it - PC-HDMI->HDMI in HTS and HDMI out HTS->TV.

if no then hope that your HTS has an optical / spdif in. and connect from your computer using that.

if not you are S.O.L.

Does the HTs have an HDMI in? you cannot connect the pc to the hdmi out of the hts, you might fry something.

if it has an HDMI in then the correct way to connect it - PC-HDMI->HDMI in HTS and HDMI out HTS->TV.

if no then hope that your HTS has an optical / spdif in. and connect from your computer using that.

if not you are S.O.L.

Thanks. there is no HDMI IN in my HTS. It has one optical audio and analogue audio in. Optical is already hooked to STB. So, I am left with only one option to connect the Audio from TV to HTS using RCA...right?. TV is going to receive audio from PC via HDMI and is feeding to HTS.

Thanks. there is no HDMI IN in my HTS. It has one optical audio and analogue audio in. Optical is already hooked to STB. So, I am left with only one option to connect the Audio from TV to HTS using RCA...right?. TV is going to receive audio from PC via HDMI and is feeding to HTS.

29461.jpg
Optical in? Only one? no problem.. check this product out

3X1 Optical Audio Toslink Bi-Directional Manual Switch - Monoprice.com

29461.jpg
Optical in? Only one? no problem.. check this product out

3X1 Optical Audio Toslink Bi-Directional Manual Switch - Monoprice.com

I'd recommend against these rotary manual optical switches.

Reading the reviews for devices like this on Amazon US Amazon.com : Nyrius SW100 Digital Audio Optical Toslink 3 Input Selector Switch Compatible with Fiber Optic Cables, HDTV, Blu-ray DVD player, PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS, XBOX360, PS3 : Audio & Video Selector Boxes : Electronics you'll see that quite a few people have had these go bad after a bit of use.

I use an SP42-B Optical Switch Amazon.com : 4x2 Remote Control Digital Optical TOSlink Audio Fiber Optic Selector Switch Switcher Splitter : Audio Video Selectors : Electronics and it has been working fine for almost a year now. My version of this model is 110V and needs a 220-110V converter, but since I already have one that powers my AVR+BDP that was not an issue. I see that the description on Amazon US indicates a universal power supply (100-240V AC) for this product now so it may no longer be an issue for us in India.

I'd recommend against these rotary manual optical switches.

Reading the reviews for devices like this on Amazon US Amazon.com : Nyrius SW100 Digital Audio Optical Toslink 3 Input Selector Switch Compatible with Fiber Optic Cables, HDTV, Blu-ray DVD player, PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS, XBOX360, PS3 : Audio & Video Selector Boxes : Electronics you'll see that quite a few people have had these go bad after a bit of use.

I use an SP42-B Optical Switch Amazon.com : 4x2 Remote Control Digital Optical TOSlink Audio Fiber Optic Selector Switch Switcher Splitter : Audio Video Selectors : Electronics and it has been working fine for almost a year now. My version of this model is 110V and needs a 220-110V converter, but since I already have one that powers my AVR+BDP that was not an issue. I see that the description on Amazon US indicates a universal power supply (100-240V AC) for this product now so it may no longer be an issue for us in India.

:-D

I would.

firstly monoprice quality is pretty good. not appropriate to compare run of the mill amazon / ebay stuff to it.

second, look at the price and look at the application. the optical switch is 1/10th the cost of this electronic switch. even if it fails, he coudl still buy ten for the price of one of the switches you suggest. also he is currently looking a simple solution for an HTiB. why should he spend 5k+ for a solution.

thirdly, in the product you suggested, there is a lot more scope for fidelity to be compromised. is it an optical repeater? or something else? either way, the electrical conversion introduces massive scope for jitter.

given his application, what do you think is appropriate?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back