Ananda Shankar - I Remember (Compilation LP, Album)

Saurabh

Hi All,

Query regarding this album, I have managed to get a near mint(as good as new) copy of this compilation album but when I played it I was very disappointed as there was no dept in the music and lack of stereo effect and was not sounding HiFi at all I have heard the album online which sounds lot better.

I have a really good TT setup so thats not an issue.

I want to ask fellow forum members few things:
- Does anyone own this album?
- If yes, how the album sound? good, bad?
- what press it is? the HMV dog logo is colored or in B/W (cz if it is colored its an early 80s press) mine is B/W so possibility is it could be late 80s repress and since its a compilation so grooves are more closely packed and hence poor sounding.
- Does somebody own the original album "Anand Shankar Missing you" on 45? How it sounds...I am sure it sounds amazing.

Please provide your input guys very curious to know.

Thanks
Saurabh

I have Anand Shankar 'Missing you and his Self titled album. 'Missing you' Recording is quite good. I have humble setup mind you. I look for clarity, loudness and fidelity of instruments to evaluate the recording as my hearing is not good.
Regards

I too have the 45 RPM Missing you and they sound great in my setup. Infact it's one of my reference LP. In the last track of side 2 the deep groove cause distortion though in the beginning and is recorded at a higher level. This is one of the quietest vinyl I posses.

I have Anand Shankar 'Missing you and his Self titled album. 'Missing you' Recording is quite good. I have humble setup mind you. I look for clarity, loudness and fidelity of instruments to evaluate the recording as my hearing is not good.
Regards
Hi Hiten,

So urs is Indian press? Is the HMV logo B/W?
Like I mentioned earlier Missing you on 45 RPM is good.

Guys apologies I forgot to mention the most important thing in my posting...
The LP I got is INDIAN PRESSING and I would ONLY LIKE TO DISCUSS HERE ABOUT INDIAN PRESSING OF THE ALBUM.

So please let me know if any one has
Ananda Shankar - I Remember 33RPM Indian pressing and how it sound?

Hi Hiten,

So urs is Indian press? Is the HMV logo B/W?
Like I mentioned earlier Missing you on 45 RPM is good.
Yes Mine is Indian Pressing and with Black HMV Logo. Black Indicates more recent pressing.
Regards.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back