Android box or Bluray player?

revanth73

Hi,

I got 4k Dolby Atmos and 4k DTS:X movies on my external hard drive. Looking for a media player(Zappiti/Nvidia Shield) or bluray player(Sony UBP-X700) which plays mkv files(4K Atmos and 4K DTS:X formats) via USB .

Please suggest.

thanks,
Revanth

Hi,

I got 4k Dolby Atmos and 4k DTS:X movies on my external hard drive. Looking for a media player(Zappiti/Nvidia Shield) or bluray player(Sony UBP-X700) which plays mkv files(4K Atmos and 4K DTS:X formats) via USB .

Please suggest.

thanks,
Revanth

You haven't mentioned your budget.. If you will have more BR Rips to play from external HD, then any Android TV box should bit-stream to AVR...

Some Android TV Box have the capacity to read Atmos / Dts X files from 1 TB external HD.. So read reviews / watch youtube videos before you decide on any model..

You haven't mentioned your budget.. If you will have more BR Rips to play from external HD, then any Android TV box should bit-stream to AVR...

Some Android TV Box have the capacity to read Atmos / Dts X files from 1 TB external HD.. So read reviews / watch youtube videos before you decide on any model..
bro how to btistream from android box. i am unable to get 5.1 sound from android box

bro how to btistream from android box. i am unable to get 5.1 sound from android box

Most Android Tv Boxes have Kodi media player built-in.. If not, download it from playstore (or) sideload (apk file) using chrome browser..

Once installed, get to settings, audio settings and enable pass-through of DTS / Dolby tracks to AVR.. You should then be able to see either of these codec displayed on your AVR..

Most Android Tv Boxes have Kodi media player built-in.. If not, download it from playstore (or) sideload (apk file) using chrome browser..

Once installed, get to settings, audio settings and enable pass-through of DTS / Dolby tracks to AVR.. You should then be able to see either of these codec displayed on your AVR..
thnx bro for reply. yes it did as u said but i am not gettting any sound from the receiver

hi

i am using this android box Cubetek 4K Portable Smart TV Box With 2Gb RAM, 16Gb ROM, HDMI 2.0, Android 6.0, Wifi, Dolby 5.1, Model: Cb4Ktx2 by CUBETEK Link: http://amzn.in/d/6YtH2oX

with my Onkyo avr HT-S3800 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver VLC player out put via HDMI .. my avr shows codec its displays DD or DTS according to my input video file via pendrive

hi

i am using this android box Cubetek 4K Portable Smart TV Box With 2Gb RAM, 16Gb ROM, HDMI 2.0, Android 6.0, Wifi, Dolby 5.1, Model: Cb4Ktx2 by CUBETEK Link: http://amzn.in/d/6YtH2oX

with my Onkyo avr HT-S3800 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver VLC player out put via HDMI .. my avr shows codec its displays DD or DTS according to my input video file via pendrive
Why doesnt it happen with me. May i am using android tv version of vlc downloaded from aptoide tv.

It is m8s plus bought from aliexpress. But it is not available now so cant post link.
Yes my files have dd soundtrack

Even after doing all these settings and still not getting to see the codec on your AVR is weird..

Anyways, what codec is displayed on your AVR when you play the movie?.. Could you share your audio settings on mediaplayer (screenshot) here?..

Even after doing all these settings and still not getting to see the codec on your AVR is weird..

Anyways, what codec is displayed on your AVR when you play the movie?.. Could you share your audio settings on mediaplayer (screenshot) here?..
Yes bro got the audio as dd. Actually i had configured smthing wrong. Today i got it ryt. Tons of thnx. So is kodi the only way for dd audio? Are there other options lyk vlc?

Yes bro got the audio as dd. Actually i had configured smthing wrong. Today i got it ryt. Tons of thnx. So is kodi the only way for dd audio? Are there other options lyk vlc?

Ok great.. Kodi is very easy to config w.r.t audio settings.. I haven't used other media players, however, VLC too is very popular choice.. If you are able to get DD/ DTS using VLC, then that too is fine..

Although its not showing on home display as dd audio like others say so. Its in audio info where it says dd audio

Although its not showing on home display as dd audio like others say so. Its in audio info where it says dd audio
Are you getting real 5.1 effect?(not upmixed).Then box is sending multichannel pcm.lt should be proper Bitstream.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back