android box with dts hd though optical out under 5k - help needed.

ankurjbl

Hi ,

I am planning to buy an andriod media player under 5k.
I see below at amazon.uk (someone will get it for me )
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LX0VELN?psc=1

I want to know if this can pass DTS HD to AVR through optical output.

It will be helpfull if someone already know about the sound quality of these boxes. I do not want to compromise on sound and need it to play movies from external hard disk.

I can increase budget to some extend if something else can play movies and pass DTS HD from optical cable.

Kindly help with other options and this query.

Optical or coaxial does NOT support HD audio like Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD Master Audio etc. You will need HDMI for this.

Thanks Mr reju,

Unfortunately my avr's all hdmi ports are gone. Optical is the only option I have .Any alterntive for dolby HD?

Thanks Mr reju,

Unfortunately my avr's all hdmi ports are gone. Optical is the only option I have .Any alterntive for dolby HD?

If no HDMI port is available, how do you plan to connect the Himedia Q5 Pro or Minix?

If you want to get the HD Audio codecs using a Andriod Media player without the HDMI output, then the only option is to look for a player which does the decoding on board and sends the signal via analogue out. Optical/Coxial outputs are limited up to DTS or DD.

So look for a player which has 7.1 analogue out. I am assuming that your AVR has 7.1 analogue ins.

Hi reju and Vinod, Thanks for suggetions.

My AVR's IC was gone, which is replaced by Pune service center but they could not update the firmware.So as of now all hdmi in/out is unusable.
But If I am lucky it may get fixed by Mumbai service center.

So untill then I am planning to use coaxial/optical for sound. Right now I am passing tatasky coaxial audio out to avr which is sounding good for HD channels.

So I decided to got for media player with optical out ( I am hoping optical out will perform same as current tatasky coaxial out )

Once AVR is fixed (or changed) ,HDMI out of media play would be used.

I am not sure about analog inputs for Marantz 1504.

Some one can get Himedia q5 pro from UK by Jan end @ around 10k .I hope I am going in right direction.

Yes, you are going in the right direction... good luck with your AVR!

Do remember that Q5 Pro can output in 4K. You can enjoy this resolution if you have a 4K TV. It will work fine when you connect it direct to 4K TV and optical audio to AVR. But when you connect with HDMI to your AVR, it will not work @ 4K as your AVR does not support it. So you will have change Q5 Pro output to 1080p, and through HDMI you will get your HD audio.

I Have placed an order for Himedia Q10 Pro through Futeko UK

HiMedia Q10 Pro - futeko.com - High Performance Media Box. Android Box, Kodi Box, Mini-HTPC. UK Based.

I have certain queries as I am worried, have not carried out an international transaction paying through paypal using my domestic VISA credit card:

1. What extra charges I am likely to be levied over and above 159.99 GBP from my bank? No shipping and taxes as per the paypal statement.

2. How reliable this Futeko window is? Do I need to regret my decision or get worried.

Guys please help. There is no option for cancelling this pre order available on Futeko site. I have just a tracking ID sent to me in my mail.

I Have placed an order for Himedia Q10 Pro through Futeko UK

HiMedia Q10 Pro - futeko.com - High Performance Media Box. Android Box, Kodi Box, Mini-HTPC. UK Based.

I have certain queries as I am worried, have not carried out an international transaction paying through paypal using my domestic VISA credit card:

1. What extra charges I am likely to be levied over and above 159.99 GBP from my bank? No shipping and taxes as per the paypal statement.

2. How reliable this Futeko window is? Do I need to regret my decision or get worried.

Guys please help. There is no option for cancelling this pre order available on Futeko site. I have just a tracking ID sent to me in my mail.

Congrats on your purchase!

1. No extra charges as such. But ROE will be higher than what you see online. It shows 83.8 on XE. But you may get billed for say 86-87/ GBP, so approx INR 13800. Check the conversion by logging in Paypal account now or credit card account in a 2-3 days.
2. Futeko is very reliable. No issues on that front.

You may have to shell out INR 1000-1500 for customs/ clearing charges by courier company/ Speed post.

Relax. Enjoy tracking your order and you will receive it soon. Say in a 10-20 days...

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase!

No extra charges as such. But ROE will be higher than what you see online. It shows 83.8 on XE. But you may get billed for say 86-87/ GBP, so approx INR 13800. Check the conversion by logging in Paypal account now or credit card account in a 2-3 days.

You may have to shell out INR 1000-1500 for customs/ clearing charges by courier company/ Speed post.

You mean to say 13800 INR to be paid more over and above 159.99 GBP I have already paid:sad:?

Thanks! Though I was expecting a similar reply. Heaved a sigh of relief!! :)

Waiting for the player to arrive :yahoo: Thank you very much:clapping:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back