Another major Release for Blu Ray Fans....

idlebrain

It's also getting released in cinemas this weekend. Advise you to view it first as it may not cater to everyone as a collectible blu-ray.

It's also getting released in cinemas this weekend. Advise you to view it first as it may not cater to everyone as a collectible blu-ray.

I have watched it couple of months back..yes a ripped version. Movie is excellent and engaging, it might have been a classic only if the ending could have been different IMO. Even though this move got conclusive ending unlike Mulholland Drive, still one really enjoys multiple viewings to completely understand the content.

A movie still to be released in India whose Bluray is expected to be out next week...:indifferent14: says a lot about distributors and studios deciding what we should watch and when...

Same goes for "The Matrix" and many others; only if the movie runs well overseas is it "allowed" to be watched by Indian audiences..

Yeah, many good movies doesn't even come across the shore and get released here. Recently watched a movie called "The Road" and I don't think this movie was even released in India at all. Very good movie although quite gloomy(both visually and story-wise).

Even then you people in metros are far luckier than us in cities like Hyderabad. At least you will get access to the quality cinema at some point. We only get those movies which have lot of hype and crappy graphical disasters like prince of percia, clash of titans...

I saw 'Shutter Island' in parts in one my plane trips. It may not be to everyone's taste, so like Pavit says good for people to have a watch to decide. The AV review of the BD quality is a good rating of 88/100 in avs.

Last edited:
Alien Anthology: This isn't released yet but I am very happy that finally studios announced the date( Oct 25th) and Specs.I am waiting for this series (atleast first two) since I got hold of bluray player.On paper everything looks awesome with loads of Extras and other bonus material.I wish this is the way LOTR should have been released on bluray.

Here is the link on Specs of this Bluray.
Home Cinema @ The Digital Fix - Alien Anthology (UK BD) in October

Thanks
Satya.

Why not get together download blueray iso's get blueray dvd and enjoy?
When you dont have the option of buying these, piracy doesnt even come in...

@partymonger
Sorry...I didn't get what you are saying. These movies aren't released in Bluray yet.Where will you get the ISO files?
Personally...I will stick to good DVD versions until Blurays got released, instead of wasting time and money in downloading the stuff.

For the Fans of INCEPTION, Blu ray is going to be in stores in India from 9th Dec onwards. For those who pre-order this BD or DVD will get Cool Job Comic Book.
Flipkart.com: Inception: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe: Blu-ray English Action: Movie
As per Various Sources,
Price will be 1499 INR if brought from Stores
Region Free.
No. Of Discs - 2
Indian release will be same as with US/UK versions in Extras, excluding DVD + Digital. copy.

Guys Inception BD is out and available in stores.
For people in Hyderabad, Planet M(Central) is giving CoolJob Comic book with BD even if not pre-booked with them. Land Mark and other stores are giving only for Pre-Orders.So hurry up before books got exhausted.
By the way CoolJob book is really cool with some nice art work.

What is the average size of data on original BD disk for english vs Hindi movies? I know standard BD can hold ~25GB single layer total. So how much percent actual space is utilized?

Also is there any info option for BD drives to see the inserted disk capacity just like we see drive properties in PC ?

What is the average size of data on original BD disk for english vs Hindi movies? I know standard BD can hold ~25GB single layer total. So how much percent actual space is utilized?
It depends on the movie and transfer quality there isn't any definite rule for that. Avatar BD utilized almost 46GB of the Dual Layer 50GB BD. Most of the recent releases are coming in 50GB Dual layer that includes Hindi Movies.

Also is there any info option for BD drives to see the inserted disk capacity just like we see drive properties in PC ?

I didn't have BD drive so I can't give definite answer but you should be able to see that if you have BD drive attached to PC.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back