Anthony Gallo Micro Speaker

Srinivasan Palani

Hello, I need help on Anthony Gallo micro speaker setup, i should select speaker size as small and set the cross over to 120hz, do i need to change anything else on my av receiver Denon Avr 3805, i am more worried about my receiver than these speakers as i was always using tower speakers, this is first time i am trying to use sat due to space constraint, i am not sure if this will cause any damage to my receive, thanks in advance for your inputs

Hi
If you set the crossover at 120 or more on the AVR, it should be fine. This is just to protect the Micros.
The Denon should be fine with this setting.
Let me know if you need any more help, I’m using A’Divas myself

Hello, I need help on Anthony Gallo micro speaker setup, i should select speaker size as small and set the cross over to 120hz, do i need to change anything else on my av receiver Denon Avr 3805, i am more worried about my receiver than these speakers as i was always using tower speakers, this is first time i am trying to use sat due to space constraint, i am not sure if this will cause any damage to my receive, thanks in advance for your inputs

Small / Large speaker settings are available to adjust / set speakers accordingly to the frequencies they can handle...Large means full band of frequencies gets directed to the speakers.....Small means sending all frequencies till the specified crossover point like 120hz...anything below this goes to the subwoofer.....

Conservative settings would be keeping it at 150hz and checking .....if it delivers clean and good sound along with sub for movies and music....stick with it. You can also experiment on 120hz and then lower the frequencies to 110 or 100 etc. if required......all depends on the mentioned specs of the speakers by the brand.....sometimes these are overrated by some brands....so be cautious......

Small / Large speaker settings are available to adjust / set speakers accordingly to the frequencies they can handle...Large means full band of frequencies gets directed to the speakers.....Small means sending all frequencies till the specified crossover point like 120hz...anything below this goes to the subwoofer.....

Conservative settings would be keeping it at 150hz and checking .....if it delivers clean and good sound along with sub for movies and music....stick with it. You can also experiment on 120hz and then lower the frequencies to 110 or 100 etc. if required......all depends on the mentioned specs of the speakers by the brand.....sometimes these are overrated by some brands....so be cautious......

Thanks very much for your advise Efernand1, as per previous input by "Onemanarmy" I proceeded by setting the crossover to 120hz and it works (was playing for about 5 hours)no issues, however the sat treble out put is not sweet as my bookshelf with same setup. As you mentioned I will try setting up the crossover to 150hz and see the improvement. Thanks again for your inputs

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back