Anti-static Record Brush "Bangalore"

You may not find a brush meant specifically for playing records but you maybe able to get one from the camera dealers...

Hi,

can you throw a bit more light on this ? What kind of a camera brush would you recommend. We have a big camera market in Chandani Chowk in Delhi, I can go and search there next week.

Thanks

You may not find a brush meant specifically for playing records but you maybe able to get one from the camera dealers...

Well I tried and hunted for anti static record brushes all over India but could not find any that could suffice the purpose of removing static from LPs. I found one company which was making ESD brushes, mats, etc. in Okhla, Delhi and they were not interested in dealing with someone like me who just needed one brush. I spoke with the owner and told him why I needed the brush and he was kind enough to sell me just one piece. The brush was not apt for LPs. The bristles were too hard and rigid and scratched the surface of LPs. I tried it with a worn out LP.

Finally, I went the proper way and ordered the Hunt EDA brush from needledoctor.com . This brush is really a well engineered brush and takes away all the dry dirt and static away from the vinyls. It really lets me hear the brilliant SQ and dead silent background of my 180g pressings.

Cheers
Kartick

Before I got my Thorens anti-static brush, I was using one bought from one of these camera shops. Just browse around for an anti-static brush. IIRC, I got mine from whizz in Bangalore...

Before I got my Thorens anti-static brush, I was using one bought from one of these camera shops. Just browse around for an anti-static brush. IIRC, I got mine from whizz in Bangalore...

Thanks Soulforged.

BTW, I was told by my friend that Audio Dynamics in Koromangala do have this product available in the range of 3 to 6K, price on the higher side? They also deal with Project and Thorens TTs.

Cheers...

Clear audio German make Carbon record cleaning brush is available in Dubai for about Rs.1500. If any of your friends coming to Dubai you can request them to buy one from here.

Thanks Soulforged.

BTW, I was told by my friend that Audio Dynamics in Koromangala do have this product available in the range of 3 to 6K, price on the higher side? They also deal with Project and Thorens TTs.

Cheers...

In that case, you can check with Abhishek (Audio Dynamics). He is a member of this forum. You can send him a PM

Try Nova Audion, Mumbai. They do stock ProJect anti-static record brushes. Number 9820284641.

It used to be available at Hifilink Kochi long time ago. It should not cost more than Rs.300. I bought mine from needledoctor not directly but through my cousin coming from States

Sure Shivam, its hightime I start using these online solutions.

Ive never shopped from Amazon and Ebay, but will start now.

Cheers...

I think ebay and amazon would be your best bet (unless you can get it locally from somewhere). I bought mine from ebay last month for about 850 INR..around 10-11 pounds (including shipping). It took 6 days to get delivered. and quality is really good!

Antistatic Carbon Fibre Vinyl Record Cleaning Brush | eBay

I think ebay and amazon would be your best bet (unless you can get it locally from somewhere). I bought mine from ebay last month for about 850 INR..around 10-11 pounds (including shipping). It took 6 days to get delivered. and quality is really good!

Antistatic Carbon Fibre Vinyl Record Cleaning Brush | eBay

Old thread, but I just bought the same after looking at options - most were really costly. Thanks for the mention and the (brief) review.

I have one unused Anti-static brush ordered from ebay. I ordered 2 by mistake and will not have use for the other one. Anyone requiring one can PM me.

Thanks,

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back