Any advice on Polk DSW Pro 440wi?

HiFiManish

Hi All,

I have to add a sub woofer in my HT setup. I was drawn to subjected model. Please let me know if any member has auditioned / owns 440wi. I could not get much owners experience on net. I would like to know following:

1. Being 8 incher, how good / bad it is in DSW Pro series?
2. This does not look like very popular model, any known reasons?
3. What is USP of this model?
4. Is it something like would fall in 'made for movies' / 'made for music' category or can serve both sides equally?
5. What would be better options in this price range (MRP 22K INR with ProFx)? By better I mean 1. more suitable for movies and 2. more suitable for music?

Regards,
HiFiManish

I owned Polk DSW Pro 550i from last two years and it's a very good product for what you pay. Previously I owned Sony and JBL subwoofer but Polk is much better than both. Its little tight and agile for ported sub. Build quality is great considering the price. You may increase the budget and go for one time investment in 550i. Don't compare it with SVS or XTZ subs which costs multiple to Polk.

Is it something like would fall in 'made for movies' / 'made for music' category or can serve both sides equally?

Most commonly used and suggested is sealed subs for music and ported subs for movies.. Whichever you would prefer you might choose that..

What would be better options in this price range (MRP 22K INR with ProFx)? By better I mean 1. more suitable for movies and 2. more suitable for music?

If you prefer sealed, then atleast two subs should be good for both.. You may check aval of sealed subs aval with ProFX.. You may also conisder Mission MS series, sealed subwoofer inside 20K range for each..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back