Any DTH company offering exchange service ?

soamz

I have a Airtel HD service, with multiroom setup , so thats like 2 STBs. :eek:hyeah:

Im looking to dump it and get Videocon D2H or Tata Sky HD. But Im not sure, if anyone of them offers exchange service, where I can hand over the Airtel STBs and get their new connection. :clapping:

Anyone got an idea ?

I have a Airtel HD service, with multiroom setup , so thats like 2 STBs. :eek:hyeah:

Im looking to dump it and get Videocon D2H or Tata Sky HD. But Im not sure, if anyone of them offers exchange service, where I can hand over the Airtel STBs and get their new connection. :clapping:

Anyone got an idea ?

You have got the answer in your question itself. Dump it and get the Videocon connection. I also have Airtel HD and enquired about exchange/halfrate/some concession with Videocon but they simply refused and told to call Airtel to take back the STB. Seems like the STB belongs to the Airtel even if we own it, we cannot sell it or exchange it.

Ha ha..

I wish, Airtel can refund by taking the STBs back, which Im sure, they wont.

Such a crappy company!

Ha ha..

I wish, Airtel can refund by taking the STBs back, which Im sure, they wont.

Such a crappy company!

I will suggest, don't ever give the STB back to Airtel.
Better you can give the connection to any friend or any relative who can make use of it. (However the owner's name will not be changed on the connection.)
If that doesn't work out, simply keep it to yourself and rip it off someday to see what's inside or give it to some Kabadi or DIY guy or anybody.

You've already paid lot of money for STB. You can say I am anal about this, but why give the STB back to Airtel for free and for their own benefit. You never know these companies will try to rip off a new customer by giving your old STB to him/her.

Im not giving them back.

I connected the HD one to my entertainment zone in office and the SD one to one of my neighbour. All for FREE :(

Anyways, I just ordered the Annual Package from Videocon D2H for 5790 bucks.

All 330 channels , including the 22 HD Channels and no tension for next one year. Crappy Airtel, made the life very tough by cancelling the HD Star Cricket and ESPN. :(

Not just Airtel, none of the DTH players will pay back for return of STB. They all claim that STB is their property and yet charge you a bomb during first time installation for CPE. They claim that they are giving us STB at a discounted rate - the real cost is twice as much, blah! blah! Abroad, when you sign up for DTH or cable, the STB is given free when signing a long term contract. There, they can rightly claim that STB belongs to them.

No DTH player will officially pay you a rebate to switch. I think that there is a "gentleman's" agreement between them. But you must negotiate with the new company and tell them that unless they offer some "reward" for switching, you won't switch.

I think Videocon's 1 year offer where you get the Set top box with connection free is a real good scheme. You directly are saving more than 2k, which practically covers the depreciated cost of the old Set-top box of the current DTH. So no loss in dumping the old one if you can't have a better use as suggested by some.

I already got the Videocon thing connected this morning.

Awesome service.

22HD Channels, holy mother of god, this thing is good!!

I will join you & others by joining Videocon by around Oct when my 2 year Megapack ends with TS.. they sucks.. increased the rates by about 20% and yet to get all the HD channels.. I think they are getting complacent that there are not many attrition so far fo them to worry.. But what they are not getting is that all disgruntled customers along with them spread bad word about them and any new customer will agree, as they knows that you were one of the unsatisfied customers and you have valid reasons for that..

It would be great if we could have MNP sort of thing for DTH as well.
Would make life great :eek:hyeah:

I will join you & others by joining Videocon by around Oct when my 2 year Megapack ends with TS.. they sucks.. increased the rates by about 20% and yet to get all the HD channels.. I think they are getting complacent that there are not many attrition so far fo them to worry.. But what they are not getting is that all disgruntled customers along with them spread bad word about them and any new customer will agree, as they knows that you were one of the unsatisfied customers and you have valid reasons for that..
I have given TataSky another year in life as a lease. If HD channels do not increase in the next 9 months, I am switching, come December.

(However the owner's name will not be changed on the connection.)

You can write an application to make change in ownership. I have done that with my earlier Tat Sky STB. It works..

How ever now, even as I plan to upgrade from my Tata SKy+ to HD+, pls comment if Videocon is better than Tata Sky

Ash

forget that, Airtel provides just a 500 Rs discount on SD subscribers to switch to an HD STB. I'm sure it should have been worth a bit more !

You can write an application to make change in ownership. pls comment if Videocon is better than Tata Sky

Ash

Good to know that TataSky allows customers to transfer ownership.
Need to check with Airtel.

pls comment if Videocon is better than Tata Sky

I have never used Videocon D2H, but looking at the current trend and knowing few facts, I can say it's far better than Tata Sky.

Recently, I was sitting with my roomie, as he has to buy a new HD connection for his parents. We compared lots of channel packages of D2H and Tata Sky and found the following observations.

- Package prices are much lesser in D2H than Tata Sky.
- D2H provides much more channel than TataSky in lesser price.
- D2H has highest 22 HD channels and TataSky is yet to get its 12th HD channel.
- in D2H, you can subscribe any HD channel separately; but Tata Sky has a ridiculous 'HD Access Fee' of Rs. 100 for viewing HD channels. If you don't have the similar SD version of an HD channel in your package, you can't watch that particular HD channel. For that you have to change your base package.
- Also, quality wise there is no significant difference. I have heard and read lot of complaints about Tata Sky's audio on HD channels. Ridiculous fellows are unnecessarily converting Stereo Sound on ESS HD channels to 5.1 and making it much worse than the original broadcast.
I will suggest, go with D2H and stay happy.

No offense to any Tata Sky users !

One thing to note with Tata sky, if you charge your account with a good amount and later if you want refund for any reason like leaving their services, they'll bluntly refuse to refund your amount....learnt it hard way

Well I had a similar issue long back, had used Airtel for long time and I was almost done with my subscription fee, and I started looking for if any options are available for exchange offer.

I tried to check with all the providers like Tata Sky, Videocon d2h, Sun Direct but none of them offered anything. And then later tried to check within friends and one of my friend suggested an online website where they provide a good exchange which no one was actually providing. The first thing that striked to me was wow! finally got one.

So then I contacted the the Call Center guys of Buy DTH Online, Compare DTH Price, DTH Package, DTH Offers of Tata Sky | Videocon D2H, first I thought I would get complete refund of what I paid already to Airtel, but later when I spoke to them, I too realized that its not fair to expect complete refund as I had already watched channels for what I paid. But their exchange offer was good enough and had taken it from them and I am happy for that.

As i see people were looking for something like this as I was, I just thought I can share some info so that people can get benefited by taking the exchange offer from Buy DTH Online, Compare DTH Price, DTH Package, DTH Offers of Tata Sky | Videocon D2H

As i see people were looking for something like this as I was, I just thought I can share some info so that people can get benefited by taking the exchange offer from Buy DTH Online, Compare DTH Price, DTH Package, DTH Offers of Tata Sky | Videocon D2H

I went to the Exchnage link under the website you gave, i did find people posting ads but could not locate much response. If the site themselves are not going to buy back then wouldnt Olx / Quickr be better options?

Even Im thinking of dumping Airtel....but I am very much stuck now. I have 3 Airtel connections...one with the full recording stb which costs me Rs 7500/- with inbuilt 500 gb storage. Videocon is lot cheaper and have good number of HD channels and the sharpeness of the picture almost matches that of Airtel. It has also a 4k channel. I deeply regret buying Airtel.

It's best to sell them on sites like olx. Atleast you will get some money back. Technology keeps on changing and in few months these boxes will be useless. better to get something than nothing.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back