Any dvd players support udb 3.0 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex0000

Sorry if this is a repeat question, tried the search with no luck, I've got an external thats 3.0 and I should have bought the older 2.0 cause I cant get it to work with any dvd player around, thanks in advance for any info !

Hi

So far as I know DVD players do support normal pen drives which are USB 2.0 and the challenge here is that all formats are not readable.....this was an ongoing issue for me all these years...I finally moved to a Blu Ray player...Pioneer....here you have 2 USB ports one in the front and one in the rear....an external 1 TB HDD with USB 3.0 reads without any fuss and all formats play well be it music or movies....

Would suggest you go for the entry level Pioneer Blu Ray ...BDP 160

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a repeat question, tried the search with no luck, I've got an external thats 3.0 and I should have bought the older 2.0 cause I cant get it to work with any dvd player around, thanks in advance for any info !

All the USB 3.0 HDD are backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports. So you should not have any issue with getting a USB 3.0 HDD and connecting to a DVD player with USB 2.0. For playback on DVD/Bluray players the USB 2.0 is more than sufficient and the USB 3.0 is useful for bulk/heavy copying of very large files on a PC.

i dont know i have a sony bluray sony bdp-bx37 - i just got one of the my passport external 2TB, plugged it into front and back and does not support device. i pop a 32 GB pny flash drive and it reads. so i thought it was the 3.0 / .0 difference. Any thoughts? If you guys can recommend a cheap dvd player, doesnt even have to be bluray, that i can use my external with, would be great !

Hi

So far as I know DVD players do support normal pen drives which are USB 2.0 and the challenge here is that all formats are not readable.....this was an ongoing issue for me all these years...I finally moved to a Blu Ray player...Pioneer....here you have 2 USB ports one in the front and one in the rear....an external 1 TB HDD with USB 3.0 reads without any fuss and all formats play well be it music or movies....

@efernand1 I just checked Pio BDP 150 and LX 55 manuals and everywhere USB 2.0 mentioned .... have you modified the player or it is special player? Or are you using your USB 3.0 at USB 2.0 speed as 3.0 is back compatible ? DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BAK COMPAIBALITY ??

@efernand1 you do not need to answer each post when you DO NOT understand or do not have any answer.

MOderators please take note as this is not the first time buy @efernand1

By the way alex USB 3.0 is back compatible with older 2.0 alibit at lower 2.0 speed

It u= is highly unlikely anything new will come in DVD as DVD being outdaed product ,new development is stopped . I used to be product marketing head of Onida 5 years back , so sttill sometimes get snippets about market..

About USB 3.0
USB 3.0 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i dont know i have a sony bluray sony bdp-bx37 - i just got one of the my passport external 2TB, plugged it into front and back and does not support device. i pop a 32 GB pny flash drive and it reads. so i thought it was the 3.0 / .0 difference. Any thoughts? If you guys can recommend a cheap dvd player, doesnt even have to be bluray, that i can use my external with, would be great !

Usually DVD players support small flash drives up to 16/32 GB & if the storage device is formatted as FAT32 mode...

The reason that your External HD wasn't detected by the DVD player is because, HD are in NTFS mode....

If you check the Sony manual, they would have mentioned that it supports only FAT32 & not NTFS storage devices...

Nothing wrong with your DVD player (or) even the HD for that matter...It is a limitation with most DVD player's....

Usually DVD players support small flash drives up to 16/32 GB & if the storage device is formatted as FAT32 mode...

The reason that your External HD wasn't detected by the DVD player is because, HD are in NTFS mode....

If you check the Sony manual, they would have mentioned that it supports only FAT32 & not NTFS storage devices...

Nothing wrong with your DVD player (or) even the HD for that matter...It is a limitation with most DVD player's....

ok, so most dvd players wont play, but some do, so any suggestions cause its impossible to find on specs listed on any sale page, and sending an email to any website, ebay, or amazon is pointless they never respond with anything but "what page states"

ok, so most dvd players wont play, but some do, so any suggestions cause its impossible to find on specs listed on any sale page, and sending an email to any website, ebay, or amazon is pointless they never respond with anything but "what page states"

If you have more digital files, then i think you need to consider a media player which can play any format FAT32/NTFS....

Hi

@efernand1 please can I know from where you got this USB 3.0 players? Or how you modified it? Pls pls pls

@ HemantWaghe

As much as you have claimed and proclaimed your qualifications and experience to the world, I don't see basic "Common Sense" or "Simple Understanding" or "Maturity" from you.

As always, you FAIL to read the posts and tend to "JUMP the GUN"

Coming back to this specific post, I mentioned very clearly that an External HDD with 3.0 USB reads well on both kinds of players I use. I have no where mentioned that the players have USB 3.0 slots? Did I?

I do know that there is a difference in formats for PenDrives and Hard Disks...I provided a permanent solution advice to the member, which is his choice to decide....

As far as Forum rules go, I do follow them and provide guidance / advise based on the limited knowledge and never degrade /insult any HFV member which I feel you enjoy as if you "self proclaim" yourself as the Owner / Founder of this site. Gentle Reminder, this is not face book to use as you please!

I think I have tolerated enough of your PERSONALISED attacks towards me and forum members. This is the last time I am responding to you and I hope the Admin / Moderators take notice and make the right decision.

I will not be responding to any future comments / questions posted by you as I don't see any value in wasting time with people who think they own everything including the freedom of speech and opinions of others.

@ HemantWaghe

As much as you have claimed and proclaimed your qualifications and experience to the world, I don't see basic "Common Sense" or "Simple Understanding" or "Maturity" from you.

As always, you FAIL to read the posts and tend to "JUMP the GUN"

Coming back to this specific post, I mentioned very clearly that an External HDD with 3.0 USB reads well on both kinds of players I use. I have no where mentioned that the players have USB 3.0 slots? Did I?

I do know that there is a difference in formats for PenDrives and Hard Disks...I provided a permanent solution advice to the member, which is his choice to decide....

As far as Forum rules go, I do follow them and provide guidance / advise based on the limited knowledge and never degrade /insult any HFV member which I feel you enjoy as if you "self proclaim" yourself as the Owner / Founder of this site. Gentle Reminder, this is not face book to use as you please!

I think I have tolerated enough of your PERSONALISED attacks towards me and forum members. This is the last time I am responding to you and I hope the Admin / Moderators take notice and make the right decision.

I will not be responding to any future comments / questions posted by you as I don't see any value in wasting time with people who think they own everything including the freedom of speech and opinions of others.

Look who is talking...

and complaining
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Instead of you reporting the thread , myself too reported
Peole read this forum for some knowledge , more of first hand

By the way how we can add lost data in Mp3 by upconverting??

I re-read for 1 hour but did not find anything so can I have your secret method?

http://www.hifivision.com/music/50565-quality-commercial-mp3-cds-3.html#post598490

http://www.hifivision.com/cd-players/51969-old-cds-not-playing.html

Or your deep knowledge of electronic pricing in London , where there is discussion ( and proof) where British prices are so low?

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-...17-heartburn-seeing-prices-richer-sounds.html

http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/52237-good-idea-get-sub-woofer-london.html

Your London is part of UK right ?/:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::licklips::yahoo:

Or this superficial answer where you did not bother to check specs or the prices offered

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/52188-bose-acoustimass-10-speakers-yamaha-rx-v559.html

Mistakes / errors are always tolerated ,until the person accepts it , and he does not CONSTANTLY MISINFORM or PROVIDE REPEATED INFORMATION.

Mods it is now your call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back