Any high efficiency bookshelf speakers?

Analogous

There are over 300 pages in the speaker section and the search did not show anything relevant.
There seem to be several large sized and floor stand speakers with over 95 db/watt@1m sensitivity available.
I was wondering if there were good quality bookshelf/stand mount speakers with similar measurements?
Looking to pair them with a low watt SET amplifier in a small room (12x12’)
Grateful for your suggestions…

There are over 300 pages in the speaker section and the search did not show anything relevant.
There seem to be several large sized and floor stand speakers with over 95 db/watt@1m sensitivity available.
I was wondering if there were good quality bookshelf/stand mount speakers with similar measurements?
Active studio monitors not an option? Could be ideal for that room size. High sensitivity bookshelf speakers are tough to find. It's easier for towers to be more sensitive.

MaSh

Check https://www.blumenhofer-acoustics.com/Products/Bookshelf/Bookshelf.php , they are not exactly high efficiency but are easy to drive because of 8 ohm load. Another option is Audio Notes, they are also easy to drive with PPs . For SETs ideally you should get Rethm or Lyrita Audio speakers . See the new https://www.rethm.com/aarka.html , Jacob himself picks the call if you call the number on their website.
Thank you. I will try to audition the Blumenhoffers as they are in Bangalore.
The Rethm is a good suggestion. I had not considered this or Audionote.

Active studio monitors not an option? Could be ideal for that room size. High sensitivity bookshelf speakers are tough to find. It's easier for towers to be more sensitive.

MaSh
Thank you. I have a low watt SET tube amplifier and was looking for a easy to drive pair of bookshelves.

Klipsch rp-600m V2 claimed to be 96db but measured 90db in all reviews. Excellent pairing with set amp due to semi horn design of speakrs. I own V1 version and know it worked very well with SET amp combined with r2r dacs

Last edited:
Klipsch rp-600m V2 claimed to be 94db but measured 90db in all reviews. Excellent pairing with set amp due to semi horn design of speakra. I own V1 version and know it worked very well with SET amp combined with r2r dacs
Thank you. Any suggestions on where to buy these in India?

Thank you. I will try to audition the Blumenhoffers as they are in Bangalore.
The Rethm is a good suggestion. I had not considered this or Audionote.
Audionote sells pre-owned stuff of their and other brands too on their Indian website which you can take a look.

Check https://www.blumenhofer-acoustics.com/Products/Bookshelf/Bookshelf.php , they are not exactly high efficiency but are easy to drive because of 8 ohm load. Another option is Audio Notes, they are also easy to drive with PPs . For SETs ideally you should get Rethm or Lyrita Audio speakers . See the new https://www.rethm.com/aarka.html , Jacob himself picks the call if you call the number on their website.
Aarkas are active speakers , won’t serve the OP’s purpose.

Interesting noone has recommended our "indiqaudio".. Their mishras are 94.5db sensitivity!
Since OP is from Bangalore, he can try their "trial policy" for 15 days at your home!

Edit: I would like OP to look into Hoffman's Irons law.
which states any of the below 2 can be satisfied in a speaker.
1) Bass Extension
2) Efficiency (Sensitivity)
3) Small Enclosure.

Please prepared to sacrifice one of it!

Last edited:
is it the Lyrita ? you may be better off with a Horn or Lowther based speaker if so . as mentioned above the Rethms come into play.
Interesting noone has recommended our "indiqaudio".. Their mishras are 94.5db sensitivity!

Is it SET friendly ? just sensitivity does not really tell that story.

Other than whats mentioned above
Maybe Tannoy or Kef with their concentric drivers may have something 90+db.

Else horns are the next option.

Full range driver speakers will definitely get you there.

Zu Audio is another manufacturer that comes to mind for high efficiency speakers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back