Any ideas for mousetraps

jayad08

Hi..
I am faced with the issue of catching mice at my home by the old fashioned "stick the cheese in trap method" where I have to delicately hook up the trap so that the slighest movement inside closes the shutter..sometimes it works, sometimes it doesent..i find the cheese gone, with the shutter still open..
Of course I have other options.. I have a cat, but she does not like killing the innocent..:eek:hyeah:
she starts playing with the rat instead..

So I thought, maybe there would be some techno mouse traps available..
I found some.. thought of getting the opinion from the members of their experiences with Rats..

Here is the link:
Mouse Trap - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review

I would scout a traditional bazaar first before buying online. you may be surprised at what you find sometimes.

Cheers

also plz note that our mbbs textbooks advise that the mice be killed by drowning them. u can use a bucket etc for the purpose. just immerse the trap with the captive in water so it drowns in a minute.
without this , there wont be a benefit to community on the whole.

community issues can be addresses once I have the captive..
I may also donate several captives to the school bio lab..but how..
my cat is already benifiting the community quite a lot..

Found a new way, little desi techno..would contact these guys tomorrow..
super super glue..
PCI:: Household Products: Trubble Gum™ - The better Rat Trap

community issues can be addresses once I have the captive..
I may also donate several captives to the school bio lab..but how..
my cat is already benifiting the community quite a lot..

Found a new way, little desi techno..would contact these guys tomorrow..
super super glue..
PCI:: Household Products: Trubble Gum? - The better Rat Trap

Your cat might end up being a victim of that gum trap. How do you release a dead rat after it is stuck to that thing?

Sent from my iPod touch

sigghhh.. i thought the thread was on the Agatha Christie play "Mousetrap" and somebody was thinking of staging it.

Try Rat Poison ....... not the usual though.

It is a branded product ... am forgetting the name .... but, remember the slogan that used to be played on the ads....... khaye andar lekin marey baahar jaakar ..... something like that.

It goes like this .... you spread the 'poisoned' feed ... the mice / rat consumes it ..... but always dies outside your home. It is a slow poison and creates palpitations which forces the rodent to seek outside environs. So, it always cops it outside your premises.

Tried it many times and IT WORKS.

Every retail shop has it.

Your cat might end up being a victim of that gum trap. How do you release a dead rat after it is stuck to that thing?

Sent from my iPod touch

that is one of the queries that i plan to ask them today..and for the cat, ya i wd have to take care

the stuff they showed in mallika-jackie starrer the myth. eh??
Not seen the movie..

sigghhh.. i thought the thread was on the Agatha Christie play "Mousetrap" and somebody was thinking of staging it.
maybe you can co-relate the current scenario with that.. hopefully the mice think me as the "police inspector" by trusting the food that I give them..and finally realize that i was the rat killer after all..:eek:hyeah:

Try Rat Poison ....... not the usual though.

It is a branded product ... am forgetting the name .... but, remember the slogan that used to be played on the ads....... khaye andar lekin marey baahar jaakar ..... something like that.

It goes like this .... you spread the 'poisoned' feed ... the mice / rat consumes it ..... but always dies outside your home. It is a slow poison and creates palpitations which forces the rodent to seek outside environs. So, it always cops it outside your premises.

Tried it many times and IT WORKS.

Every retail shop has it.

Well the poison.. i wd keep that option till the end... if the traps are ineffective..i used the "rat cake" most of the times..it was effective, pulled the mice more towards water..but after i had pull out their corpse from some hole/cracks..

maybe the one you are suggesting wd be better at pulling them right outside the house..

Jayad,

Gum trap is a non toxic and safe way,we use it in our office ,i think they have two sizes,try the smaller one,once caught you can drown them in water and dispose them off,in case the requirement is for outdoors try getting a packet of zinc phospide ,mix it with masala vada+coriander leaves keep it at places were rodents frequent at night and the next day you would find them dead,but take care while handling Zinc phospide.:cool:

chandru

My cat wont touch a rat with a barge pole. Likes Good day cookies though, talk about being spoilt!
I am sure that yours would laze on the sofa while watching the household chores..would not care even if the mouse lands on top of her..:eek:hyeah:

Please be careful. You may end up catching some of us running in the rat race.
I think Hifivision should have a new slogan "From Bass Traps to Mouse Traps"

I suppose the incident for the tuk tuk sound from the sub where jerry was suspected in the bass trap would make us all wary of cleaning the mice from the house..:lol:

A mouse is a very serious enemy for all our HIFI gears and expensive cables. I also had a rodent problem at my appartment and they also chewed the power cable of my New Microwave oven, I was afraid of the fact that what if they chew my expensive 15 meter HDMI cable running from my AVR to the projector.
I have tried glue traps but I think that these rats have grown smarter day by day and I could only find multiple footprints on the traps every morning without a single one caught. They have even managed to eat the wood panels to make way for their entry into the house.

Finally I had to use the rat poison as suggested in another thread, and it really helped.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back