Any interest in forming a group to visit Munich High End Show?

Will try to plan it. Visa is not an issue. I have two more years of validity left. Criteria is managing the days. Will call you.

Shankar,

Did this trip take place?
Was wondering if anyone on the forum was at Munich this year.

Regards.

There was no response in time so no group. Didn't feel like travelling solo.

I had gone last year and it was a tremendous experience. Highly recommended.
Travelling alone is not an issue because you tend to visit exhibits individually and "regroup" later on.

I am thinking of going next year if time permits.

I received lots of lots pictures courtesy friends who visited the show. But I want to share some photos of a visit to the Kaiser factory. We know them for their Kawero floor standers which garnered lots of high praise, partnered with Kondo electronics. They've also launched the large book shelf speakers Furioso Mini which were shown at the recent What HiFi show in Mumbai (like its bigger brother Kawero it was partnered with Kondo electronics at Munich High End). But their main business is in making different types of acoustic panels for home and pro installations. They don't just sell you panels but offer consulting for the right treatment for your installation. Folks in NCR can experience what I mean by a professionally treated room at the PMC dealership.

Some pics, courtesy Mr Khushrau Jilla of Nexus Audio:

IMG-20180517-WA0016.jpg
2/ different honeycomb panels for different applications:
IMG-20180517-WA0034.jpg

3/ 5-axis CNC machine to accurately cut and shape panels:
IMG-20180517-WA0017.jpg

4/ different types of acoustic panels made in-house:
IMG-20180517-WA0035.jpg

5/ the Kaiser Kawero cabinet happens to be constructed from German tank wood (panzerholz). They also make accessories for turntables using tank wood. Record center clamp being made:
IMG-20180517-WA0026.jpg

6/ Kaiser buys and stores lots of exotic figured wood to be used as veneers to cover their speakers and acoustic panels. Their book matched veneers are stunning:
IMG-20180517-WA0048.jpg

7/ veneers being stitched together to form larger sheets:
IMG-20180517-WA0052.jpg

8/ a look at a Kawero crossover being built. Note that they use tank wood pieces to dampen vibration in the crossover:
IMG-20180517-WA0073.jpg

9/ the paint shop where lacquering is done:
IMG-20180517-WA0080.jpg

10/ non-acoustic, wood furniture for industrial clients like BMW:
IMG-20180517-WA0076.jpg

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back