Any Online Store for Head Cleaners for Decks?

jay

Hi,

Is there any dedicated online store from where I can order and buy accessories,head cleaners,demagnetizers etc for Decks? I am looking for something like Needle Doctor .

Please suggest.

demangetizer - Nice to have, but not essential

Other recommended accessories :
Cotton buds - Available everywhere
IPA/Ethanol - Available as surgical spirit/Electronics shops.

What more do you need ? Maybe a philips head screw driver and a pencil :D

demangetizer - Nice to have, but not essential

Other recommended accessories :
Cotton buds - Available everywhere
IPA/Ethanol - Available as surgical spirit/Electronics shops.

What more do you need ? Maybe a philips head screw driver and a pencil :D

Am looking for professional stuff.
Products available in surgical shops are not full proof.Moisture content is more which can damage the rubber parts.

honestly water works just as fine, and some people say better for rubber parts. It's the heads I would be worried about leaving a water residue on

Very recently I was chatting with a car stereo (tape/CD) repair man and he suggested that dipping a cotton bud in a couple of drops of Whiskey is a very simple and ingenious way of cleaning tape heads. He vouches to have taken this route for servicing tape decks for many years and it works wonderfully for him with no explicit complaints. I found this interesting and hence am quoting it here. Logically, whiskey should have around 40% alcohol so guessing that is how it works fine but I am also concerned that barley or the other fermented ingredients may be detrimental to the electronics. It would be good if the experienced people can share their thoughts about this.

Very recently I was chatting with a car stereo (tape/CD) repair man and he suggested that dipping a cotton bud in a couple of drops of Whiskey is a very simple and ingenious way of cleaning tape heads. He vouches to have taken this route for servicing tape decks for many years and it works wonderfully for him with no explicit complaints. I found this interesting and hence am quoting it here. Logically, whiskey should have around 40% alcohol so guessing that is how it works fine but I am also concerned that barley or the other fermented ingredients may be detrimental to the electronics. It would be good if the experienced people can share their thoughts about this.

whisky still has 60% water. Very bad for metal parts.

Besides, rubbing alcohol at 91% is still way cheap. why waste whisky.

There is no harm in taking out a drop from your glass for cleaning the tape head. After all it is going to add to your enjoyment only. I've been doing it for years.

A long time ago - I stole Dad's whiskey for years, for cleaning the heads, rollers and capstan of my wonderful Kenwood deck. No detrimental effect observed at all.

And, I wish I had anticipated this need [by someone] for a DeMag. In January, I was cleaning up clutter and I threw away my old but perfectly good TDK Demag cassette. I thought long and hard before discarding it but practicality won over sentimentality [is that even a word?]

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back