Any possibility of 4K player launch in India?

arima007

Is there possibility of leading manufacturer launching 4K player any time soon? I'm looking forward to buy Samsung 4K player from Amazon.com

I think Sony will be launching their 4k upscaling player UHP H1 by Diwali. Samsung has already exited this segment, so no guesses.

I am myself looking forward to a true 4k player, but there may not be any launches this year or at least till Q3 2017.

I am myself looking forward to a true 4k player, but there may not be any launches this year or at least till Q3 2017.
Just a matter of time to bring them to India. Why would it take so long when 3 brands have already launched months ago?

The basic problem lies with customer demand and lack of 4k blu ray media in India.

Take the case of Samsung. They had launched BD J5500 last year and had imported only 50 pieces of the same in June 2015 due to lack of sales. Since then, no stock of Samsung has been imported. When a normal blu ray player cannot even sell 50 pieces, what will be the demand for 4k players!

Yeah. But how about buying It from Amazon.com. How much will they charge for customs duty ?

An imported player will be Region locked to BD 1 the same holds for dvd region as well, hence no point in buying from Amazon.com

It would be best to stick to the players currently available through official channels in India.

At present Panasonic and Samsung only launched 4k players. Out of these, Panasonic is extremely best quality and it is very expensive. Indian market is not the one for these costly players. Moreover ,Samsung is suitable only for HDR enabled 4k tv ,but Panosonic is suitable both for HDR and SDR 4k televisions.
Sony 4k player will be launched only in 2017

At present Panasonic and Samsung only launched 4k players. Out of these, Panasonic is extremely best quality and it is very expensive. Indian market is not the one for these costly players. Moreover ,Samsung is suitable only for HDR enabled 4k tv ,but Panosonic is suitable both for HDR and SDR 4k televisions.
Sony 4k player will be launched only in 2017

Well said. I second your opinion. Philips has also launched a 4k player overseas recently.

i am getting a Xbox One Slim from EU, probably the cheapest 4K blu ray player, which can play games as well.

i am getting a Xbox One Slim from EU, probably the cheapest 4K blu ray player, which can play games as well.

I am also thinking the same, though Panasonic may offer better image quality but Xbox One S is best VFM right now (especially when PS4 Pro doesn't have one!)

Im planning on getting the xbox one S from the US. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Gears of War edition [emoji4]

I think it is best to wait for the Oppo UHD blu ray player. The Panasonic UHD is good but is region locked for blu ray.

UHD blu ray if I am not wrong has no region lock.

Samsung again might be the same.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back