Any review on marantz na6006 streamer?

amit11

Hi Friends,

Wanted to know if anybody is using marantz NA6006 streamer? or the ND8006 which is a streamer + CD player.

Regards,
amit11.

Hi Friends,

Wanted to know if anybody is using marantz NA6006 streamer? or the ND8006 which is a streamer + CD player.

Regards,
amit11.
I use the 8006 duo. ND8006 is a huge step up from my previous 6005, but at 3 times the price that is expected. Spotify Connect is a breeze. No need to use Heos. You can output the system to either a power amp directly or to an integrated amp. Build quality solid Japanese.
Also now it's 15 K cheaper compared to what I paid :-(
Any specific questions?

I use the 8006 duo. ND8006 is a huge step up from my previous 6005, but at 3 times the price that is expected. Spotify Connect is a breeze. No need to use Heos. You can output the system to either a power amp directly or to an integrated amp. Build quality solid Japanese.
Any specific questions?
Thanks.

In terms of only streaming and sound quality, which one would be better. The ND8006 or NA6006? I mainly want to use the airplay functionality with my ipad. I do not have any CDs.

ND8006 which has CD player also is slightly more expensive than the na6006, but if it has better sound quality then would it be better to buy that?

Thanks.

In terms of only streaming and sound quality, which one would be better. The ND8006 or NA6006? I mainly want to use the airplay functionality with my ipad. I do not have any CDs.

ND8006 which has CD player also is slightly more expensive than the na6006, but if it has better sound quality then would it be better to buy that?
I use a Marantz NA8005 streamer which I am assuming is in the same category as ND8006. Sound quality is very good while streaming and as an independent DAC. The main issue is the primitive user interface for streaming.(this could be an older product I guess).

I have heard good things about ND8006 while I was trying to buy it used from a seller who changed his mind and kept it saying it is too good of a player.

ND8006 is considerably expensive than NA6006(almost double in price here).

Other thing to note is the make ,

ND8006: Japan
NA6006: Vietnam
NA8005 : China

I do not have any CDs.
If you do not own any cds and also do not plan to build a collection in future, then the Cd section is wasted. If your primary purpose is only going to be streaming as you mentioned, then imo it does not make sense to spend double the amount for the Nd8006. The improvement in sound quality may only be marginal.
I do not own any of the above players so just sharing my thoughts.

When i am hearing on youtube demos on both of them, someshow i find the sound of nd8006 more ful-filling. Not that na6006 is not good sounding, but just that nd8006 is slightly better.

In India the price difference is not double. ND8006 costs around 20K more than NA6006. So I am thinking whether it is worth going for ND8006, though i do not have any CD. In the past i never had any CD player, but if this is a good sounding equipment, then in future i can try for some mini collection :)

Another point of confusion is NA6006 came after ND8006 so connectivity wise would it be better?

Any specific questions?
Hi,

During streaming do you face any occassional connectivity breaks?, and have you used apple airplay with it because my main use would be with apple airplay.

Hi,

During streaming do you face any occassional connectivity breaks?, and have you used apple airplay with it because my main use would be with apple airplay.
If you have raspberry pi, install shairport sync. I use my PIs connected using ethernet cable. No issues with connectivity break, buffering, etc. Even with my bananana PIs on wifi there isn't any connectivity break, just that it takes 2-3 seconds extra first time.

Hi,

IIRC, NA6006 shares the same electronics with ND8006. Same DAC too. Only the CD Drive is missing. You may want to double-check this. In that case, sound quality should be identical. Though there would be a huge difference in the build quality, I don't know it's impact on sound.

My reasons for not choosing NA6006 were the fact that it's too expensive in India, and after selling my old CD player, the delta between 6006 and 8006 was inconsequential.

Plus I have many hundred CDs, so it made a lot of sense. The CD drive is definitely sturdier than 600X series and has no problem of skipping.

Abroad NA6006 is very cheap. But I think it has been discounted.

Regarding connectivity, I have not used airplay, can't comment. Configuring to Wi-Fi was time consuming though simple and one time affair. Subsequently it connects in a jiffy. I use Spotify Connect exclusively. It's very simple and reliable. Unlike what it says in manual, it'll work even when the phone and the device are on different networks. I have even run in on mobile Hotspot when my Wi-Fi went down. Absolutely stable connection.

Hi Friends,

Regards,
amit11.
I just checked. NA6006 is discontinued. One site in India is offering at a ridiculous price. Just forget about it. Grab the ND8006 in a heartbeat if you like it. You won't regret for a moment.

I just checked. NA6006 is discontinued. One site in India is offering at a ridiculous price. Just forget about it. Grab the ND8006 in a heartbeat if you like it. You won't regret for a moment.
Thanks.. yes somehow i am also leaning towards ND8006, even though i do not have CD or it may be expensive than na6006. :)
Even though i was checking in youtube videos, i could hear and feel how good and lush it sounds.

Considering the price difference is only 20k , I would grab the ND8006 over the NA6006.
The 8000 series is next level to 6000 is it??And you get a made in Japan product over Chinese.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back