Any reviews abt SOny BDV-N590

jice505

Hi all,

I' m thinking to get my second blu ray player ... This time i m looking to buy Sony BDV-N590 from singapore...

Did any1 get a chance to audition the product. Please share ur views on this.

Thanks in advance.

From online review this product seems to be a very good.

Sony BDV-N590 review from the experts at whathifi.com

Are you getting only the player or the whole set-up? If you are into Htib then I advice to you look for Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha products. Does N590 has HDMI inputs?

Hi Rupam,

First thanks for the response.:clapping: I expected your reply long back.

I had Onkyo HT 3500 and sold it last month only. So i was looking for my second HTIB or separators.

Sony BDV-N590 is a complete package HTIB which has 2 HDMI inputs and optical as well. The speakers are made using magnetic fluid technology and that's the reason this package is pulling me towards it.

Please suggest me AVR + separates around 50-75K .
I checked Jamo s HCS 426 package . Is this combo gud Yamaha RX-V 373/375 + Jamo S HCS 426 ????

Jamo s HCS 426 and Yamaha RX 373 is a very good combo. Try to find Energy RC Micro 5.1 in Singapore. This is also a very good speaker package.
But of you are going for Sony BDV-N590, then verify that if can decode Dolby and DTS from external source via HDMI input. If in future the BD drive stops working then atleast you can use the set otherwise it will useless.
Check out some deals in singapore at Courts Online Store - Great value, smart choices for your home

Jamo s HCS 426 and Yamaha RX 373 is a very good combo. Try to find Energy RC Micro 5.1 in Singapore. This is also a very good speaker package.
But of you are going for Sony BDV-N590, then verify that if can decode Dolby and DTS from external source via HDMI input. If in future the BD drive stops working then atleast you can use the set otherwise it will useless.
Check out some deals in singapore at Courts Online Store - Great value, smart choices for your home

Can u plz tell me how to find whether i can use this as AMP if BD stops working

I got this from the specification. Can u tel from this ?

Audio Decoding
LPCM (2ch / 5.1ch / 7.1ch)
YES / YES / YES
Dolby Digital
YES
Dolby Digital Plus
YES (HDMI in; No)
Dolby Prologic
YES (HDMI in; No)
DTS
YES
DTS96/24
YES (HDMI in; No)
DTS-ES Matrix6.1
YES (HDMI in; No)
DSD
YES (HDMI in; No)
Dolby True HD
YES (HDMI in; No)
DTS-HD HR
YES (HDMI in; No)
DTS-HD MA
YES (HDMI in; No)
DTS-HD LBR
YES (HDMI in; No)

As per the specifications the internal Amp won't be able to decode Dolby DTS from external HDMI input. you will get either stereo or Dolby Prologic. BTW, I can see that you already have a Philips BDP, so get a Yamaha 373 and Jamo set. But if you are getting it from Singapore, just check INR prices in India, so that you can get a better deal.

As per the specifications the internal Amp won't be able to decode Dolby DTS from external HDMI input. you will get either stereo or Dolby Prologic. BTW, I can see that you already have a Philips BDP, so get a Yamaha 373 and Jamo set. But if you are getting it from Singapore, just check INR prices in India, so that you can get a better deal.

Thanks Rupam... I m checking the price of Yamaha RX-V 373 in Singapore, but cant bring the speaker package since its too heavy.

Do u think Jamo package is worth buying ? or do u hav any other suggestions ?

Yes, Jamo package is good at this price point. In reliance digital, you will get Jamo package at MRP: Rs. 21,800. Which can be bargained for 19500/-.
There is also Wharfedale MS 100 which I bought @ 27000/- Which is also exceptional.
Here is a review> AV MAX_Wharfedale MS-100 HCP_March 2012-1.pdf

There is Boston Acoustics Soundware XS, Which have rave reviews all over net. Price is 24000/- Boston Acoustic Soundware XS 5.1

But if you are going for Floorstanders then only Jamo is available at that price point. I suggest you to look if you can get Boston Acoustics Soundware XS from Singapore because of the size, the weight will be around 12-13 Kg max.
But in India you can get floorstanders from Polk Audio. Look Here > Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

You can get a Pair of TSi 300 for 23000/- .

Yes, Jamo package is good at this price point. In reliance digital, you will get Jamo package at MRP: Rs. 21,800. Which can be bargained for 19500/-.
There is also Wharfedale MS 100 which I bought @ 27000/- Which is also exceptional.
Here is a review> AV MAX_Wharfedale MS-100 HCP_March 2012-1.pdf

There is Boston Acoustics Soundware XS, Which have rave reviews all over net. Price is 24000/- Boston Acoustic Soundware XS 5.1

But if you are going for Floorstanders then only Jamo is available at that price point. I suggest you to look if you can get Boston Acoustics Soundware XS from Singapore because of the size, the weight will be around 12-13 Kg max.
But in India you can get floorstanders from Polk Audio. Look Here > Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

You can get a Pair of TSi 300 for 23000/- .

Yeah Rupam.. I need to audition Tsi 300 & 400 in profx soon to make the final decision. How about Wharfedale Diamond & Vardus in FS ?

But reliance person told, 21.8K is the final price for Jamo ... Is there any offer going on or wat ?

May be prices have risen, thats why Reliance is quoting 21800. Vardus 300 is an average performer IMO. GO for Wharfedale Obsidian 600 or Wharfedale Diamond. You can also audition Sonodyne Sonus 2605. Here is a review http://www.hifivision.com/reviews/31736-sonodyne-sonus-2605-detailed-review.html#post434350

Polk speakers often sound bright so pairing them with Denon is a good idea. Sonodyne and Wharfedale can be used for Yamaha amp. Always choose the front left right and centre speaker from the same brand to avoid timbre matching problem.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back