Any suggestions for Home theatre separates on budget

IsaiVirumbi

Hello All,

I'm looking for home theatre separates (pre-processor+per-amp and power amplifier). I found Emotiva UMC-200 and UPA-500 (Offer Price: $500 and $350 respectively) to be reasonably priced. But shipping them to India make them costly ($500+).

One of the reasons for going for separates is the flexibility to upgrade/extend and of course quality components.

Are there good separates on budget, officially available in India with service support ?

Note:
I would be pairing up with "Andrew Jones" Designed Pioneer 5.1 Channel Speaker Package SP-PK52FS (they are yet to arrive).

Thanks in advance

I just ordered Emotiva XPA-200 and UPA-500 for my 7 channel setup. I got their holiday sale price and saved around $200 in the total landing cost. Yes it turns out pretty costly after you add shipping and duties. But I think they are pretty okay given its performance and 4 ohm speaker capabilities. It can potentially smoke any AVR with in 1.5-2L range with their 4 ohm speaker capability.

The above amps are going to replace my Denon 2310 AVR. I am not getting a pre/pro as I have Oppo 105 and it has a pretty goor pre/pro built in with a dedicated 8 channel DAC.

I think Emotiva removed the holiday sale prices from their web site now.

Thanks,
John.

Thank you John for your response.

I had listened to some Denon AVRs (not sure about the models). They are not of my taste.

How about AVRs or separates from Anthem MX or Pioneer Elite or Yamaha Aventage series ? Any idea about how they compare to Emotiva combo ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back