Anyone own a walkman professional D6C ?

johnwick94

I replaced all the rubber belts and idler tires. There's a speed issue where after I play music for a minute or 3 it'll run at faster speed (sounds like Chipmunks) but somehow slows itself spins at the right speed.
Replaced the pinchrollers still the same issue.
Checked the chip CX00284 is fine. There's no issue with that.

I'm from mangalore. Any one closeby has access to a oscilloscope let me know

There's a speed issue where after I play music for a minute or 3 it'll run at faster speed (sounds like Chipmunks) but somehow slows itself spins at the right speed.
Do the speed suddenly increases after playing 3 minutes or so?

Checked the chip CX00284 is fine. There's no issue with that.
This chip does not fail in general. Please check other passive components such as resistor and capacitors in the motor servo circuit. If everything is fine, then there is an issue with the motor. If the servo chip fails, then the motor would not run.

somehow slows itself spins at the right speed.
How do you know it is spinning at the right speed? Eye inspection reveals nothing.

There's a speed issue where after I play music for a minute or 3 it'll run at faster speed
If it is constantly running at a higher speed, then please adjust the speed potentiometer.

Do the speed suddenly increases after playing 3 minutes or so?

This chip does not fail in general. Please check other passive components such as resistor and capacitors in the motor servo circuit. If everything is fine, then there is an issue with the motor. If the servo chip fails, then the motor would not run.

How do you know it is spinning at the right speed? Eye inspection reveals nothing.

If it is constantly running at a higher speed, then please adjust the speed potentiometer.
I know it's the almost right speed is I listened to the songs that I'm familiar with on the headphone out. I'm looking at the service manual and it could be any of the caps at the CX00284 chip (speed control chip). Will check each of the component linked to that chip
I want to calibrate the speed but I don't have a speed adjustment tape with me.

I know it's the almost right speed is I listened to the songs that I'm familiar with on the headphone out. I'm looking at the service manual and it could be any of the caps at the CX00284 chip (speed control chip). Will check each of the component linked to that chip
I want to calibrate the speed but I don't have a speed adjustment tape with me.
If your walkman is constantly running with higher speed, then it's due to the mechanical parts' change such as belt, idler etc. Just do a desi thing. Locate an album whose you have original cassette and CD both. Play the CD in your computer. Simultaneously, play the cassette in your walkman. Listening to the computer playback, align the walkman's speed by slowly turning the speed adjustment potentiometer. Play the exact same passage of the song in both device and try to match the progress of the song in your walkman with computer playback. Repeat the procedure several times. This alternate method devoid of test tape and oscilloscope also yield a great result.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back