Anyone uses DAC interconnects? Any reviews?

Divakar7

Hello,

Has anyone used DAC interconnects sold on HiFimart? I have never hear them/heard of them before. If you have used them could you kindly share your experience and how they compare with others in the market?

Thanks!
Divakar

Ok I am playing it safe and going with a known quantity- Chord crimson plus vee RCA QED optical at Profx in Hyderabad

You have not got any replies because lot of members are only discussing the price of AVR and speakers. You can see very few reviews here.

Ok I am playing it safe and going with a known quantity- Chord crimson plus vee RCA QED optical at Profx in Hyderabad

Everybody is playing safe with their money on the policy of "Known devil is always better than unknown devil"..:) except few. If you start playing with different cables on search for an new/open/unheard sound it is an non-ending. So already you are safe with Chord.. Enjoy.

Everybody is playing safe with their money on the policy of "Known devil is always better than unknown devil".. except few. If you start playing with different cables on search for an new/open/unheard sound it is an non-ending. So already you are safe with Chord.. Enjoy.

In fact there isn't much price difference between the DAC (go knows where it is made and I haven't across any reviews) and the Chord Crimson (great external reviews and made in England). Mr Chandra Shekar from Profx sold the Chords to me for Rs 2500, MRP is 2800. The sonic improvement is very noticeable-much more "air" in the music, better definition overall and these ICs haven't even burned in! The QEDs weren't available so I bought the Profigold Toslink. Works great. I am awaiting for the Chord digital coax to arrive on Wednesday.

There is no point in wasting money on unknown interconnects unless you have a chance to audition them. But I would rather spend my time on something else!

In fact there isn't much price difference between the DAC (go knows where it is made and I haven't across any reviews) and the Chord Crimson (great external reviews and made in England). Mr Chandra Shekar from Profx sold the Chords to me for Rs 2500, MRP is 2800. The sonic improvement is very noticeable-much more "air" in the music, better definition overall and these ICs haven't even burned in! The QEDs weren't available so I bought the Profigold Toslink. Works great. I am awaiting for the Chord digital coax to arrive on Wednesday.

There is no point in wasting money on unknown interconnects unless you have a chance to audition them. But I would rather spend my time on something else!

AP sells straightwire interconnects.
The starting range is 1.5k.
Maybe we should borrow one and do a comparison.

DAC cables are made in china in the same factory where some of the 'well known' brands of cables are also made. Its just that DAC as a brand is unknown. Quality wise they are same, how different w r t sound is subjective. FYI, they are a brand owned by none other than Designer Audio, the distributors of Wharfedale, Quad, viewsonic, byford & few others in India.

Hope that answers a few questions about the DAC brand of cables

:)

Cannot comment on the interconnects and other speaker cables as I've not used them. But DAC speaker wires are pretty good for the price. I have them (12 AWG @ Rs 160 per mtr) for the fronts towers and clearly they provide 'clean well defined sound'. I replaced my stock 22 awg speaker wires with these and the sonic improvement was evident.
BTW Vector systems (Bangalore) and Yamaha Showrom (Bangalore) uses DAC interconnects and speakers wires for all their equipments. Not sure why they prefer to use these over higher grade monster premium interconnects and speaker wires, they store.

Good to know about the DACs.

@Blasto, seriously I have no time to audition cables! :) I can audition speakers and amps, but cables?

Mr Chandra Shekar from Profx sold the Chords to me for Rs 2500, MRP is 2800. The sonic improvement is very noticeable-much more "air" in the music, better definition overall and these ICs haven't even burned in! The QEDs weren't available so I bought the Profigold Toslink. Works great. I am awaiting for the Chord digital coax to arrive on Wednesday.

What?!! :eek: you paid 2500/- for "air" in the music? Air is for free you know? You can get it anywhere ... :eek:hyeah:

PS: I can sell you "air" at much cheaper prices ... PM me :cool:

--G0bble

Have not used the ICs but my DAC speaker cables do very well for the price ...

The interconnects cant do magic is the source if weak/not matching ..
so best interconnects will just let the signal pass without coloration.

One way to check is borrow some well known ICs .. connect in the systems , if you cant feel a change... dont upgrade ;)

I am thinking of spending another 85k for some more "air" I heard on the Thiel 1.6 :) So you are definitely in the right business! I assume "hot air" sells for more :eek:hyeah:

I also posted twice for the DAC interconnects here, expecting people who have really used this would respond, but but nobody, so I finally bought Chord Crimson Plus in 2800/- from "The SoundScape" Pune. Anybody knows where can I get good "Banana Plugs" for connecting the speaker wires to the speaker?

Anybody knows where can I get good "Banana Plugs" for connecting the speaker wires to the speaker?

MX Electronics, Mumbai. They have online purchase option as well. Just minutes back I was looking for banana plugs on their site. BTW all the Audio/Video shops, I have spoken to, ask customers to stay away from banana plugs or any other plugs unless the speakers are moved/reconnected very frequently.
Asthetically they are really sexy piece of accessory.

I also posted twice for the DAC interconnects here, expecting people who have really used this would respond, but but nobody, so I finally bought Chord Crimson Plus in 2800/- from "The SoundScape" Pune. Anybody knows where can I get good "Banana Plugs" for connecting the speaker wires to the speaker?

I am thinking of spending another 85k for some more "air" I heard on the Thiel 1.6 :) So you are definitely in the right business! I assume "hot air" sells for more :eek:hyeah:

Hmmm.. Now I don't know if I want to be a Banana seller or "Air Wallah" :licklips:
Life is looking profitable ... ;)

PS: I plan to buy MX plugs too this weekend.

--G0bble

MX Electronics, Mumbai. They have online purchase option as well. Just minutes back I was looking for banana plugs on their site. BTW all the Audio/Video shops, I have spoken to, ask customers to stay away from banana plugs or any other plugs unless the speakers are moved/reconnected very frequently.
Asthetically they are really sexy piece of accessory.

Most of people using Chord Rumor or similar cable always have Plug at termination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I upgraded to Crimson plus a few days ago.Bought it from USK electronics,Hyd for 2600 rs.
First impression-open sound,taut bass n of course more detail.

I upgraded to Crimson plus a few days ago.Bought it from USK electronics,Hyd for 2600 rs.
First impression-open sound,taut bass n of course more detail.

Crimson has a lower-mid "hump" in the frequencies. And the SQ is a little loose and flabby. I got one that I use for TV duty now. Its not a great cable, possibly better than profigold etc ...

--G0bble

Hmmm.. Now I don't know if I want to be a Banana seller or "Air Wallah" :licklips:
Life is looking profitable ... ;)

PS: I plan to buy MX plugs too this weekend.

--G0bble
Hey G0bble,
Your witty humor has made me laugh many times, you are always bang on target, people like you make these forums interesting.
btw, if your crimson plus is on TV duty, which interconnect has got the honor to serve your stereo?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back