Anyone who built a Mini Theatre or Dedicated HT PJ Room ?

soamz

Hi, Im looking to build a dedicated mini theatre room soon. I have space on my terrace and Im looking to setup a 150 inch screen , with 3 rows of recliners for my office guys and other friends to enjoy the movies with me.

So, let me know, if anyone did something similar , so we can discuss. :eek:hyeah:

Don't you have a thread about "projectors, screen and room" already in this section? Why not continue the discussion in that thread?

That is different . Here I want people to share their pictures or experience , if they built it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello soamz !
I have constructed a HT in my terrace, but i projected to maximum to have real cinema experience, so i have to put only a row of recliners, you can see the photos & details in the thread the link is in my signature and many other FM's vinay ,anuj_sethi1043 also posted their HT photos.
Also you can go to avsforum.com to get lots of HT photos for your construction ideas.

Thankyou....

Hi, Im looking to build a dedicated mini theatre room soon. I have space on my terrace and Im looking to setup a 150 inch screen , with 3 rows of recliners for my office guys and other friends to enjoy the movies with me.

So, let me know, if anyone did something similar , so we can discuss. :eek:hyeah:

Wait a minute. Three rows of recliners??? Last I knew there was going to be just one row. Or two rows max. Don't think you can fit 3 rows in there. That's going to be a really tight fit. First row will barely be 7-8 feet from your 150" screen. That's not going to be very comfortable.

Wait a minute. Three rows of recliners??? Last I knew there was going to be just one row. Or two rows max. Don't think you can fit 3 rows in there. That's going to be a really tight fit. First row will barely be 7-8 feet from your 150" screen. That's not going to be very comfortable.
Agree. Everyone will be able to see individual pixels from that distance. Huge screen door effect. seating distance should be at least 1x width of screen to avoid the screen door effect. For 150" screen, the width will be approx 11 ft.

Sorry 2 rows . And those branded recliners take too much space . I have contacted my local inox manager to send me the contact details of their store guy, from whom they got their ones. It's small and should be cheap as well. 2 rows should be fine, guess .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do you plan to build a riser for second row? If yes, then you can build a subwoofer in it. That will be very nice.

That's a nice sub. I did not knew you had it. I was suggesting it because you were already building a riser. Its a quite a bit of space and a very powerful sub can be built in it. When I mean powerful, its really powerful. ;-)

are you building riser for both rows? I don't think you need it for the first row. First row can be on the floor and build a riser only for second. Also, when building it, make sure to fill it either with sand or fiberglass insulation. My choice is fiberglass insulation as it will not be heavy. If the riser is empty, it will resonate badly.

What kind of sub ?

And the riser I was thinking to build while construction of the room only, so with bricks and cement. That will be just for the 2nd row.

Google DIY TH-SPUD. You will get the plans and test results.

Soamz,

You can consider foot lights on riser/steps which will be useful and look classy while moving around in the dark room though there will be enough projector light.

V.

And the riser I was thinking to build while construction of the room only, so with bricks and cement. That will be just for the 2nd row.

Yes, I thought about it , but I have to check what solutions we have for achieving that .

What I can think is a LED layer which is readily available in the market and just pasting it to the carpet. But lets see, how firmly it can stay.

All this can be the done in the end interior design phase.

The first phase is construction and I have to finalize, if there is some special construction involved .

when you are spending so much...consider adding some butt kicker...no pun..
okay read bass shakers...and a separate amp for it.
this will really add reallly something in the exp..you will feel the bass...not hear..feel .....rocket launch of men in black 3 say...
it will cost u like 30k for 4 seats....for 2 seats lower..
maybe cheaper if importing
here is e bay india link
Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker | eBay

i am sure they cost much less..as carttoindiaonline is notorius for thier pricing

Arey bhai, all this will only add to the expenses.

Better to stick with what I have right now.

I will only invest on the PJ, screen, interior design, acoustic treatment and construction only.

ya i suggest to manage budget(dont increase..but manage) and add these..
they are not very costly..and does not need a very hifi amp...
a 10k amp will do...
and one shaker for one seat is 5k..
i belive you can manage 15k out of the total budget....:eek:hyeah:
if this satisfies u..you can later add on more shakers...

ya i suggest to manage budget(dont increase..but manage) and add these..
they are not very costly..and does not need a very hifi amp...
a 10k amp will do...
and one shaker for one seat is 5k..
i belive you can manage 15k out of the total budget....:eek:hyeah:
if this satisfies u..you can later add on more shakers...

One shaker and amp for each seat ?:mad:

If you are installing shakers, you need to be implement those carefully. Often, I have seen people sending it sub output. But it feels really weird when the seat is shaking you even for music or simple bass.

Mostly its the frequencies below 25Hz that give us sensation of shaking. Below 20 Hz, we don't hear anything, but our body feels the pressure and sound waves. That's the shaking feeling. so, if you want to implement it properly, put a low-pass on shaker amp at 25 Hz. so, only frequencies below 25 Hz gets sent to shakers. Thus you get shaking only at deep frequencies and that actually gives a good feeling of deep bass.

Oh and on question of how many shakers. You need one shaker for each seat. And I think you can drive two shakers with one channel. So, if you have a stereo amp of 100 watts/channel, you can drive 4 shakers with it.

Better not to go that deep and crazy. I know, there are a number of enhancements we can do, but needs to be a practical investment. :p

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back