Apertura Armonia floorstanders

Fiftyfifty

Staff member
I'm in the market for a pair of floorstanders in the Rs. 2 to 3 lac range to match a Cary 200.2 Power amp and Bryston 2.0 pre. I came across the Apertura Armonia, which sounded very nice, sweet and amazing 3 dimensional soundstage. However, not many reviews or discussions on this or other forums. On the other hand there is PSB Imagine T2, very highly rated, week reviewed and recommended.
Anyone has experience with Apertura? And any recommendations?
Many thanks

Apertura never ticked the boxes for me...I have PSB Synchrony FS. For bryston it will be a suitable load since Synchornies are power hungry speakers. Audition first.

I'm in the market for a pair of floorstanders in the Rs. 2 to 3 lac range to match a Cary 200.2 Power amp and Bryston 2.0 pre. I came across the Apertura Armonia, which sounded very nice, sweet and amazing 3 dimensional soundstage. However, not many reviews or discussions on this or other forums. On the other hand there is PSB Imagine T2, very highly rated, week reviewed and recommended.
Anyone has experience with Apertura? And any recommendations?
Many thanks

Try magnepan.

Audiovision, Mumbai... The problem in buying from them is their attitude, high markups, demo only in Mumbai and the fact that they take only orders.. Which is why I am looking at a group buy to bring down the prices since we cannot audition unless we are in Mumbai..

Audiovision, Mumbai... The problem in buying from them is their attitude, high markups, demo only in Mumbai and the fact that they take only orders.. Which is why I am looking at a group buy to bring down the prices since we cannot audition unless we are in Mumbai..

I just spoke to Audiovision and had one of the worst Customer Service experiences of my life in buying audio gear. I was half way through a conversation when the guy speaking to me got another call and he abruptly left me stranded. After a long wait, another dude came on the line and i had to repeat my requirement to him.The guy said i could audition the 1.7i in Mumbai. When asked how it differed from 1.7, he just said it was the 'latest' model (like the latest Salman Khan film. He wouldn't take my email id to provide me more information. Instead he said i should look it up on the net. He quoted rs. 2.64 per pair but said they could 'work out'. Overall, i felt i was speaking to my local grocery store chap. I wouldn't want to deal with such sellers.

Thats twice the price of what it sells in the US. I think the idea of Panditji might be a better solution. How many pairs would be required to order for a group buy? Hifi mart has the 1.7s listed at 1.5 lakhs (but sold out).That seems to be a reasonable price considering it sells for 2k in the US.

And that is why I have not bought the Magnepans from them.... Let me know if you ever want to participate in a group buy for the 1.7i... It's best to import them from the US since we have to buy blind with no technical support or even installation for that matter. PM me if you are interested....

BTW, when I was talking to Audiovision early this year, they said that in case of shipping damage from Mumbai to Delhi, they would not be held responsible.. That was the last straw for me...

Even in a group buy for Magnepan, you will have to go through Audiovision. Knowing them, their contract with Magnepan will be watertight

And that is why I have not bought the Magnepans from them.... Let me know if you ever want to participate in a group buy for the 1.7i... It's best to import them from the US since we have to buy blind with no technical support or even installation for that matter. PM me if you are interested....

BTW, when I was talking to Audiovision early this year, they said that in case of shipping damage from Mumbai to Delhi, they would not be held responsible.. That was the last straw for me...

I wouldn't want to buy blind, but am open to group purchase.

Even in a group buy for Magnepan, you will have to go through Audiovision. Knowing them, their contract with Magnepan will be watertight
Does that mean Magnepan will not sell it directly? If it has to be Audio vision, then the pricing might not be enough of an incentive to buy it.

Normally if there's an Indian distributor which Audio Vision is for Magnepan, the contract will be such that even if you write to Magnepan, they will forward that to Audiovision to take it forward

Prem, we do have an option from importing from distributors abroad as well... In case of a group buy, we can get a decent discount and then can import it to India.. In case of 2-3 pairs the shipping and import costs are shared and it will definitely be cheaper than buying from the Indian dealer...

Why buy from the Indian dealer when they do not even guarantee the product during shipping from Mumbai to Delhi? What kind of service do you think we can expect just in case something goes wrong with the ribbon panel? They quote an MRP which includes the retailer margin when the retailer does not have a demo to give you nor can install it for you.... It is because of this attitude that these brands are unable to make a mark in the Indian market and the reason why I have always flown abroad and carried stuff back with me or imported it directly..

Panditji, I don't think you will be able to do a group buy from some other international distributor especially in the case of audiovision. You can try though:)

Back