Apple Music Lossless on Windows PC

bornfi

I always wanted to run Apple Music lossless on my Win PC (which currently is not available on Windows), I did some research yesterday and found two virtual Android platforms using which you can run Apple Music lossless by downloading the Android version of iTunes/Apple Music that supports lossless playback. The product are Bluestacks and Nox Player. I like the Nox sound quality-wise.

I always wanted to run Apple Music lossless on my Win PC (which currently is not available on Windows), I did some research yesterday and found two virtual Android platforms using which you can run Apple Music lossless by downloading the Android version of iTunes/Apple Music that supports lossless playback. The product are Bluestacks and Nox Player. I like the Nox sound quality-wise.
The new apple music preview app can be downloaded from Microsoft Store now, with lossless and hires options🙏

I ran Apple lossless ALAC rips of my CDs on windows with iTunes for Windows as well as Win Media Player, and Foobar. Not sure if you are referring to some other format.

I ran Apple lossless ALAC rips of my CDs on windows with iTunes for Windows as well as Win Media Player, and Foobar. Not sure if you are referring to some other format.
On Win 10?
you need latest version of windows 11
I am playing lossless audio from my apple music subscription through this windows app.you need windows 11 with latest build😀

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess he is referring to Microsoft Store and not the store inside itunes App.
Understood that, but that MS app and Win 11 are perhaps not a must to access iTunes store on a PC.

Forgot about Sony Vaio we had at home that ran Win 7 and later Win 8. We used to have iTunes on it.

Understood that, but that MS app and Win 11 are perhaps not a must to access iTunes store on a PC.

Forgot about Sony Vaio we had at home that ran Win 7 and later Win 8. We used to have iTunes on it.
Itunes is the old app. You cannot use it to access apple's lossless music. Apple has stopped updating itunes. Now it is the so called Music app. If you upgrade your mac mini to something higher than catalani, you can use it to play lossless content. Apparently now the same Music app is now available for windows too. The logo is also very different. Left is the Music app and the right one is the itunes app.

1682130900170.png1682130950242.png

I tunes playes your stored music . This app is for apple music streaming with hi res support

I tunes playes your stored music . This app is for apple music streaming with hi res support
Music app also plays stored music. Apple no longer ships any apple device with itunes. They have added the ability of playing stored music to the Music app. On my macbook i use the Music app to play my stored music.

However apple has done a lousy job. The music app isn't as intuitive or freindly like the spotify and other music app. When you add songs to play, and you quit, it doesn' remember the last song and the position in the last song. Everytime you start the music app you have to start from zero. Also if you have multiple devices in different rooms and I start playing a song in one room, the music app in other devices/rooms show a totally different information. This is so unlike spotify and other apps on linux which show a synchonized view of what you are playing for your account and also remember your song to the last minute and second where you stopped so that you can continue from where you left.

Itunes is the old app. You cannot use it to access apple's lossless music. Apple has stopped updating itunes. Now it is the so called Music app. If you upgrade your mac mini to something higher than catalani, you can use it to play lossless content. Apparently now the same Music app is now available for windows too. The logo is also very different. Left is the Music app and the right one is the itunes app.

View attachment 76605View attachment 76606
I got an update for iTunes on my laptop just yesterday :oops:

itunes and music app are two different softwares.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back