Apple music - Nvidia shield pro

raghukanthjoshi

All, did anyone aware why Apple music is not available on Nvidia shield pro or another way to install same on Shield pro.
I don't want to cast it hence the ask and don't have any other media player to try. Thanks for the inputs in advance

All, did anyone aware why Apple music is not available on Nvidia shield pro or another way to install same on Shield pro.
I don't want to cast it hence the ask and don't have any other media player to try. Thanks for the inputs in advance
Apple Music does not have a native app for Android TV. I noticed that Apple TV now has a native app. So we can be hopeful that in future Apple music will get one too.
Until then , the best option is to sideload the normal app. It functions ok, and will be better than casting. However, you will need to control it through the Shield TV app , which is cumbersome.

Apple Music does not have a native app for Android TV. I noticed that Apple TV now has a native app. So we can be hopeful that in future Apple music will get one too.
Until then , the best option is to sideload the normal app. It functions ok, and will be better than casting. However, you will need to control it through the Shield TV app , which is cumbersome.
Thanks @jaiwant_alex for clarification

What is the end result ur trying to achieve. What system do u have. Does it hv airplay?
Depending upon this info u may or may not even need nvidia in the chain.

What is the end result ur trying to achieve. What system do u have. Does it hv airplay?
Depending upon this info u may or may not even need nvidia in the chain.
currently I have apple music app installed on my android mobile and using cast option to play music on Nvidia shield which is connected to my marantz processor. My Requirement is I dont want to cast and want to have the app installed on the media player and play Music

currently I have apple music app installed on my android mobile and using cast option to play music on Nvidia shield which is connected to my marantz processor. My Requirement is I dont want to cast and want to have the app installed on the media player and play Music
Which marantz processor do u have? Does it have airplay?

my understanding is Airplay works with Apple devices please correct as required I dont own any apple device
Airplay works with any device/system that implements the airport protocol. My linux laptop supports airplay and raspberry pi supports airplay if you install shairport or shairport-sync daemon. Android phones also support airplay if you install any app that supports airplay.

my understanding is Airplay works with Apple devices please correct as required I dont own any apple device
That's correct but there are 3rd party software that'll enable airplay. U can try Neplayer on mob & Airparrot3 is for PC. (Silly on airplay part) If it works good.

If not, I'd really recommend getting a basic iPad/iPad mini even if u get a deal should be fine. most imp ur marantz has airplay 2. Absolutely worth using it. it will be lively & punchy output. Using it currently.

That's correct but there are 3rd party software that'll enable airplay. U can try Neplayer on mob & Airparrot3 is for PC. (Silly on airplay part) If it works good.

If not, I'd really recommend getting a basic iPad/iPad mini even if u get a deal should be fine. most imp ur marantz has airplay 2. Absolutely worth using it. it will be lively & punchy output. Using it currently.
Since ur using Nvidia pro, i am not able to figure out a way to transfer media faster over wirelessly. I don't want to use a PC/Laptop. I use my mobile to get media then transfer it over network wirelessly but speed is like 4mbps. So current workaround i hv is a SanDisk OTG type C USB 256GB. I connect it to phone for fast transfer and then plug it in on Nvidia pro 19. Wish they has solution for same or atleast "share it" support on Play Store for nvidia.

Since ur using Nvidia pro, i am not able to figure out a way to transfer media faster over wirelessly. I don't want to use a PC/Laptop. I use my mobile to get media then transfer it over network wirelessly but speed is like 4mbps. So current workaround i hv is a SanDisk OTG type C USB 256GB. I connect it to phone for fast transfer and then plug it in on Nvidia pro 19. Wish they has solution for same or atleast "share it" support on Play Store for nvidia.
nvidia shield pro supports alteast 4TB external HDD even more should be, we can play music via kodi you can use same, for Apple Music i will side load using APK and see

nvidia shield pro supports alteast 4TB external HDD even more should be, we can play music via kodi you can use same, for Apple Music i will side load using APK and see
I know it supports more but my question is how to transfer faster over wirelessly.

Let me also known how to side load apk

Nvidia shield app store nor firetv stick app stor have apple music. Only apple tv box has apple music. I faced the same problem. My samsung 4k qled tv has apple music app inbuilt in it.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back