Aramex Shop & Ship - Get anything from US/UK Toooooo much cheaper than Borderlinx

mgdelhi

Hi Guys,

I have used borderlinx in the past and now I have come across this service from Aramex.

It turned out to be so much cheaper that I got a phone from UK and the estimate I got from Borderlinx is Rs.4,913 for shipping, taxes and customs (pic enclosed) and I paid Rs.523/- as shipping and Rs.77/- for customs to Aramaex Ship and Ship. So, the total is Rs.600/- as against Rs.4,913/- by Borderlinx. :yahoo:

For, this you have to take member from Aramex Shop & Ship. The fee is US$ 35 but you can use a coupon code "SNS10VSCH" as I did and then you will need to pay just US$ 5 (Rs.234.81 was charged on my card).

I got it in December and hopeful that this coupon code works even now, if it does not, you can use "IND3957" to get it for US$ 10 according to their facebook page Shop&Ship India | Facebook.

I got 3 phones last month from UK and one more product is on its way from US.

Some points:

* Unlike Borderlinx, we do not need to pay for shipping, taxes and customs before getting the product. Their delivery person collects shipping and customs when they deliver the product so sometime, custom is not at at all charged so you don't pay for it.
* Average shipping price is Rs.500 approx per 500 gms and custom as per product category (actual charged by custom dept, you get a receipt of it). Custom duty on Cellphone is 1.03%, approx 15% on laptops, computer accessories and 24% on electronics)
* I got them in 2 days flat from UK to my home once and in 3 days twice.

I am very happy with their services and can get many products from US/UK now.

PS: I AM NOT ASSOCIATES WITH ARAMEX, JUST THOUGHT THAT THIS INFORMATION WILL BE USEFUL FOR FELLOW HFV MEMBERS. I actually got to know about Borderlinx from HFV and took benefit of it by getting few products. :)

Last edited:
You are welcome buddy.

And you know what, when I got my phone, the delivery person just charged me Rs.77/-. I got a call after 10 days that I need to pay Rs.523/- shipping charges and they are sending someone to collect it.

I know people who got their product a month ago and Aramex totally forgot to collect shipping charges. :p

friend mg

PS: I AM NOT ASSOCIATES WITH ARAMEX, JUST THOUGHT THAT THIS INFORMATION WILL BE USEFUL FOR FELLOW HFV MEMBERS. I actually got to know about Borderlinx from HFV and took benefit of it by getting few product.

i know you are not . :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:also i thing hi fi all friends are know , why you think like that ,:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
somen

Thanks mgdelhi...Seems like SNS10VSCH is still working. Charged only 5USD.
I have quiet a good experience with Aramex on Cash On Delivery orders in domestic purchases, have to see on International Orders.

MG,

This is really interesting.

Can you post step by step instructions of shopping an item from the US/UK via Aramex ?

And customs if not known ahead of time what if you were charged more money when it arrives , it could be a problem right?

TIA,
Kittu

what sources/ stores have you purchased from? Have you purchased from ebay us/ uk as well from those who would not ship to India?
Is there any insurance included when items are shipped via aramex?

This is, indeed interesting :) Thank you!

I hope we are not making you feel like Aramkex support department, with all the questions ;) but, adding a couple more to Kittu's questions ...

1. If buying from UK websites, did you have any problems with your card payment address and delivery address being different?

2. I guess you had to pay UK VAT?

Looks like a very intersting service to me :)

MG, thanks for sharing.
I registered just now while the coupon still works;).

And customs if not known ahead of time what if you were charged more money when it arrives , it could be a problem right?

TIA,
Kittu
You have a point mate. That is one thing about Borderlinx that I really like. At the time of delivery, I have had DHL stafff (DHL India) try to make some bucks by saying Customs amount has not been paid fully etc. I just tell them confidently that it has been prepaid...check and get back to me:cool:.

Guys, apologies for being a bit busy today, will answer all the queries later this evening.

Till that time, in short, one mobile I bought from Play.com UK (credit card) and 2 from eBay UK (paypal).

Now I have bought one more product from Amazon US (credit card) and has reached Mahipal pur, Delhi this morning.

All payments by Indian credit card / Paypal.

Guys, apologies for being a bit busy today, will answer all the queries later this evening.

Till that time, in short, one mobile I bought from Play.com UK (credit card) and 2 from eBay UK (paypal).

Now I have bought one more product from Amazon US (credit card) and has reached Mahipal pur, Delhi this morning.

All payments by Indian credit card / Paypal.

If paying by Indian credit card and providing Indian shipping address you can try asking to waive off the VAT charges which is 20%. For tourists the VAT on all their purchases is refunded at the airport on their return. Those on-line shops who ship internationally don't generally charge VAT on the products.

UK DTDC gave me a rate of 3.5 a kg which is roughly Rs 300 a Kg to ship to India.

Last edited:
You have a point mate. That is one thing about Borderlinx that I really like. At the time of delivery, I have had DHL stafff (DHL India) try to make some bucks by saying Customs amount has not been paid fully etc. I just tell them confidently that it has been prepaid...check and get back to me:cool:.

Absolutely. This time when I bought a laptop from the US, apparently there was some miss-communication and DHL delivery folks said I was supposed to pay customs. I contacted BorderLinx and they asked me to go ahead and issue a cheque to DHL and that they will refund it soon. Guess what, I got the refund to my card even before the money was debited from my bank account for DHL! Now that's what I call good service.

This is, indeed interesting :) Thank you!

1. If buying from UK websites, did you have any problems with your card payment address and delivery address being different?

2. I guess you had to pay UK VAT?

You are welcome :)

1. I gave my credit card address as Aramex UK address for my Citibank card and they delivered. Other items, I paid through paypal.

2. It was listed for GBP 99 on Play.com including everything and I paid just that, no extra tax, no rebate.

what sources/ stores have you purchased from? Have you purchased from ebay us/ uk as well from those who would not ship to India?
Is there any insurance included when items are shipped via aramex?

Hi.

I have bought from eBay UK twice from the sellers who ship only in UK.

While buying from US/UK You can use your eBay.in ID and just add your Aramex Addresses in your ebay account. If buying from US, make your US Aramex address as primary address. Same for UK. And the seller can see just your pincode/zipcode and country from your primary address. Seller sees your complete address after you have bought a product and paid for it (my observation).

Once you buy it or win a bid, you can pay through paypal (by any Indian credit card)

No idea about insurance thing. You can raise a question about it on their facebook page or if you want me to send them an email, let me know. :)

MG, thanks for sharing.
I registered just now while the coupon still works;).

You are welcome. :)

I also mentioned about DHL chap willing to make money on the Borderlinx thread on 5th July, 2010.

From Borderlinx thread

Today, I have received the product. :yahoo:

The delivery person tried to play the trick. He called and said that there is a duty of 3.5k. I told him that it is already paid. He said that it is not mentioned anywhere. I told him that I am not going to pay the duty and he wants he can take it back. Then he said that ok, i found it is written that duty is paid.

I have seen this kind of tricks played by delivery person in the past. If a customer is ignorant and/or desperate to get the product, some of these oversmart idiots try to make money. Also, I have seen they try to charge the duty in international deliveries even if no duty has was charges by custom dept.

All the HFV members, please be informed.

Hi mg,

Great info.Thanks for sharing.But when i try to register it is asking for entity code.Can you tell me what it is?

Thanks,
sri

No idea, I did not face such problem.

However, you can register at their website as a normal user (with shop n ship) first and after registering, then sign up for shop n ship.

Just see if it works. :)

PS: Congrat's on your 1000th post. :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back