Arcam A 19 vs Rotel RA 1070

Hi

Arcam and Rotel have neck to neck competition and depending of what speakers you use and what music you would typically here, you need to then decide and go ahead...some more information would help us to advise you better

Yes, they are both great amplifiers, which is why I'm having difficulty picking one. I have the Dali Zensor 3s and the Marantz na 8005 dac.

Also, my listening includes all genres, particularly John Mayer and Bob Dylan. though I'm now gravitating towards classical with violins and flutes.

I am sharing my thoughts here and few may disagree with me, but let me put it here.

If you ask for AMP-X vs AMP-Y, you will end up getting different answers. The reason is simple - Highly subjective.

Anyway, see if my suggestions here make sense :-
- Rotel RA 1070 is more powerful than Arcam A 19. If you are going to play tracks having high dynamics (e.g rock metal), then the simple answer is Rotel. More the power, better the dynamics. In case if your listening level (loudness) is low or below moderate, Arcam should suffice.
- If you have plans to upgrade the speakers as well, having Rotel will make your choice bit easy (as you need not worry whether the chosen speakers can be driven easily by your amp).

Arcam A19 and Dali make a great match..

If you come to Mumbai sometime - you can listen to this combo in Fort area as the Dealer is the same for both - Imperial audio. Do take a prior appointment with Arun " Imperial Audio.

It is better to listen and buy even if that means waiting for a while .

I have A19+Zensor 1's.

As mentioned it is a great combination. Even the Focal speakers are a great match. Had the 806v (I think)

its about system matching. i;ve heard that the rotels esp are quite finicky when it comes to playing on different speakers. best way is to audition. for the type of music you listen to, i personally would go with the arcam

Hi

IMHO you need to check the availability and after sales service of both amps...there are not many differences between both...one of them is a discontinued product...for me I found that the Rotel had a better operating frequency which is between 4hz - 100khz..where as the Arcam is between 20hz - 20khz....the choice is yours....you have the choice to purchase a pre owned one and then go for the other brand if it does not appeal to you....all the best....

The retailer from whom I got my A19 cannot stop recommending enough the Arcam and Dali combination. I too enjoyed the sound, just that I chose a different speaker.

Since you already have the speakers why not carry them and listen with both the amps and decide.

Here is another thread on a different forum having similar discussion.

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/106307.html

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back