• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Arcam FMJ-CD17 Cd Player (Like New)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

rikhav

Hi
CDP belongs to the same friend who owns the Dali Menuet Speakers. Was intended to be used for the bedroom music setup which never materialized
It was brought from abroad about a year ago as (NOS) New old Stock
Was used for few days and kept back in the original box
Its a well known fact that the FMJ line of CD players were built exceptionally well and sound very good for its price
More information can be found from tons of reviews available on the internet

CDP Spec and features

Expected price - 50,000 INR
Shipping and packing extra

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

rikhav

Thanks to rain god's , have not been out of house for 2 days and have been listening to the CDP mainly so that I can also check if everything with the CDP is functioning absolutely well
Yesterday and today used the CDP as a transport with my dac and it was shockingly good
So much so that it even exceeded SQ wise my computer audio setup
And I feel it could achieve that because it's genuinely built well and the MASK OF SILENCE technology applied my arcam on the CDP actually works
Mask of silence is a fancy name given to methods used by arcam go make the CDP as immune as possible to EMI/RFI and vibrations

rikhav

Price reduction to 45000/-. INR
Shipping and packing of any special kind if Needed will be extra

If it does not sell at the price my friend would prefer withdrawing it and try to use it in some way or other

I can understand it's discountinued model but believe me the sound is very musical and refined which would be hard to get with cd players sold at asking price for the arcam

It absolutely beats my pc audio with roon when used as a transport with digital out

rikhav

Making the deal sweeter by including SHIPPING in the asking price

rikhav

still available
Had a few queries but nothing concrete

Player is in pristine condition

rikhav

An excerpt from a website

"Since the introduction of its multi-award winning “Alpha” CD player of the late 1980s, the Arcam name has become synonymous with affordable HiFi of outstanding quality. In the intervening years Arcam’s CD playback technology has developed to a point where its players often compete with considerably more expensive products. The CD17 is Arcam’s new entry level CD player and draws on a wealth of experience in the field.

The CD17 offers astonishing musical reproduction from CDs. The all important Digital to Analogue conversion is carried out by the very latest Wolfson 8741 DAC driven by an extremely accurate digital clock and audiophile grade supporting components.

Electromagnetic interference (EMI), which would normally mask fine details in similar players, is dramatically reduced using Arcam’s proprietary “Mask of Silence” technology. The use of “Stealth Mat” (unique metal fibre matting) further diffuses EMI to help reproduce every nuance of each recording.

The CD17s power supply uses a toroid transformer together with individually regulated supplies to digital, analogue and servo sections providing extremely stable power with minimal noise. Case construction uses a mix of aluminium and steel to reduce resonance and afford maximum electronic screening for the internal components. "

Persoanlly what i find is sound from either direct analogue outs or CDP as transport is not as lively as the sound i can achieve with a computer transport with my dac. OK , the liveliness adds a sense of immense presence in the music but i feel it cant be heard for very long hours specially if its HINDI bollywood music because as we all know Hindi music is recorded bright for whatever reason

Not that either tone is bad but personally i feel if i want to listen to very long hours i will prefer the sound from the Arcam. Relatively a shade less open but does allow to listen for longer hours.

So someone into lot of bollywood music should sincerely think about this arcam CDP or for that matter any other CDP and use it with its analogue outs or an external dac, whatever way its preferred

rikhav

Not sure why I did not try this before but used a good quality power cord with the arcam and it Improved in all departments even from it's analogue outs
Very musical indeed
Used a acrolink power cord with it
Shows it's a very capable. CD player

rikhav

Price reduced to 38,000/- INR including shipping to major cities
Any special packing needed by buyer will be extra depending on whatever cost I incur

It's one superb CDP for the asking price

Status
Not open for further replies.