• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

For Sale Archos 605 wifi 30gb with DVR station

Hi All,

I have an Archos 605 wifi 30GB personal media player along with the DVR station, up for sale.
The PMP was bought from Amazon UK in 2007. The box packing is not available as I had to dispose off the packing to clear the customs. All the accessories are available.
The reason for sale is that I am already having an iPod video, Sony Aw818 mp3 player and a laptop with me, making the Archos PMP redundant(Ok, I admit that I am a gadget freak). Another reason is that I am planning to buy an integrated stereo amplifier so sadly I will have to let it go to arrange for some monies.
The player is very rarely used and it is in mint condition.
Some excellent qualities of this player are:
1. Direct USB connectivity. You can plug in your digicam via USB port in the DVR station and can transfer the pics directly, using the DVR station.
2. Wifi enabled. You can stream media directly from your PC using wifi and play using your PMP. You can also access the net using your WiFi connection (although you need to buy a separate browser plugin software).
3. You can record TV shows and also program to record it anytime you wish, using the DVR station.
4. Excellent clarity 4.3" touch screen, which makes watching videos and pictures a pleasure.
5. Multi format support for video and audio. This saves you from converting audio and video formats to play in the media player.
6. Supports FLV and flash formats. Even plays certain flash based games.
7. Lots of plug in accessories and software are available which can convert the device into GPS receiver, internet browser game player, webTV, Radio etc etc.
8. Download movies and music directly on your PMP using the ARCHOS Content Portal.
9. View, zoom photos and make slide shows with music and transition effects, for viewing on the PMP or TV.
10. 30GB to store up to 40 movies, 300,000 photos or 15,000 songs.

I will let go the media player and the DVR station both for Rs 14000/- :-(

Cheers!
Vivek

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:

SPONSORED ADS

ash147

Hi vivek

sorry for my limited knowledge.can u pls explain me what is this product to be used as? for music or video ? the product looks very good and tempting in the pics.

Hi vivek

sorry for my limited knowledge.can u pls explain me what is this product to be used as? for music or video ? the product looks very good and tempting in the pics.
Hi,
This is a portable media player, meaning it is a player which can be used to watch video, listen to music, watch your picture collection and even browse the net using wifi(using a browser plugin software) on the go. And with the available hard disk memory of 30GB, you can also use it as your portable hard disk. The touchscreen as well as the remote makes it an excellent player to be used as your source for your AV set up. The stored video can also be watched on the TV/LCD.
The DVR station adds to it's value by providing many AV connectivity options. Also, it can be used as a video recorder to record your TV shows.
Cheers!
Vivek

Last edited:

ash147

Hi,
This is a portable media player, meaning it is a player which can be used to watch video, listen to music, watch your picture collection and even browse the net using wifi(using a browser plugin software) on the go. And with the available hard disk memory of 30GB, you can also use it as your portable hard disk. The touchscreen as well as the remote makes it an excellent player to be used as your source for your AV set up. The stored video can also be watched on the TV/LCD.
The DVR station adds to it's value by providing many AV connectivity options. Also, it can be used as a video recorder to record your TV shows.
Cheers!
Vivek
thanks vivek.one more question : is it similar to a video i-pod ? or can we call it as an elder brother of video ipod , although both belong 2 different manufacturers..

sskohli

Hi Vivek
great stuff

some questions

1. Whats the market price for this?
2. Does it play 1080p or mkv format?
3. Is it still available? and where you at?

Sandeep

Hi Vivek
great stuff

some questions

Sandeep
Hi Sandeep,

The answers inline:

<The current price of the player is 200 pounds and the DVR station at around 54 pounds>
<It supports playback of MPEG-4, AVI, and WMV. You can buy optional plug-in for formats such as H.264 and MPEG-2/VOB files>
<It is still available and I am located in Pune>

Cheers!
Vivek

Ok guys........
A final reduction in price to let this go to make way for new ones.....
10k INR final deal......:sad:

SPONSORED ADS
SPONSORED ADS