Are festival discounts for real?

deol.shivank

I came across various promotional and festive discounts on 3d LED Televisions recently. But I am not sure whether the companies or stores that offer them arent going to sell old technology TVs or old models in the name of discounts. Here are some offers I found:
Onida is selling 39 inch LCD TV that can be bought for Rs 32 per day. Onida LED TV - 39 for 32 / Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore / SaleRaja
Sony is offering Rs 2000 discount on Home theatre system along with purchase of Bravia series 3D TV. Along with free 4GB and 8GB pen drive.
Sony Bravia - Special Finance Offer / Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore | SaleRaja
Samsung is offering the following:
1. At the purchase of 46 and above size Samsung Smart LED/ Plasma TV models in Series 7 and 8 will entitle consumers to a Galaxy Tab 7.0 and an 11 by 1 easy consumer finance scheme.
2. Consumers buying a Samsung 3D TV model from LED Series 6 or a Plasma Series 5 will get a 3D BD Player along with 3D Movie titles worth Rs 10,990/-.
3. LED TV Series 5 will get consumers a free Skype camera and Wi-Fi dongle, all 32 and above size Panel TVs and any Samsung Home Theatre System, will offer consumers a free 51 Movie DVD pack.
Samsung Diwali Offers Get Discount on TV, Home Theatre, Home Appliances, Refrigerators & Air Conditioners
LG is offering the following discounts and freebies:
Free 3D Camcorder + 3D USB + 4 3D Glasses + Installation, on purchase of the select LG 3D Smart TV of LM Series .
On purchase of LG Plasma TV, you will get either, upto Rs.19,310 discount on purchase or LG HTS Player free.
On purchase of LG Smart TV, you will get either, upto Rs.19,310 discount on purchase or LG HTS Player free.
LG Slim TV and DVD special combo offer.
LG Diwali Celebrations 2012
Is it a marketing gimmick or trying to sell old technology and 3D TV models to empty their warehouses or is it for real?

In india festive discounts are bogus for the most part. I've never found anything I wanted cheaper than they are during festivals.

Now abroad, thanksgiving, black friday, christmas sales.. now those are quite something...ridiculous discounts.

EMI schemes as a rule are always never favor the buyer.

The freebies like DVD/BD are most of the time surplus stuff that is not getting sold. For ex. one of my friends got 2 BD's free with his Sony BDP - guess what those titles were? The Tourist! (universally derided movie).

Track the regular prices and then see for yourself whether you are getting a good deal. Nowadays the companies are inflating the prices (clothes, watches etc) and then these go on a "massive discount" sale.

So much Diwali offer going on...should i have waited for this time to get my 3D TV?

Last edited:
Have you paid the same price as it is currently. If yes then it would have been worth the wait. Try buzzing your dealer again for the "Just Missed" offer

oh...can i do that?
I think the prize is same but I didn't the freebies :(

While it is true that sometimes there is a worthwhile Diwali offer, there is rarely any offer on hot selling product. And why should there be any offer on a product that sells itself? The only good offer from all of the above is the Samsung e8000 price drop and being offered with the tablet. I suspect that this might be to get rid of the stock or a genuine entry offer or sell all plasma and get out of the segment - only time will tell. As I have been saying on other threads, I waited nearly 3 years to buy my TV and there was never any price drop during festive times or any other time.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Well,I recently bought the 55 Sony KDL HX750 in Singapore for S$ 2999.Got the following freebies

1. Sony BDP S790
2. Xperia Ion Smartphone
+ Smart dock
3. Logitech wireless keyboard.

Thought that the deal was good :)

Well,I recently bought the 55 Sony KDL HX750 in Singapore for S$ 2999.Got the following freebies

1. Sony BDP S790
2. Xperia Ion Smartphone
+ Smart dock

Good for you. :) But we are talking about deals (or the false image of) in India.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

1. Sony BDP S790
2. Xperia Ion Smartphone
+ Smart dock

How is that in anyway a festival discount? :rolleyes:
Also imported tv's without warranty is a bad idea, not to mention high risk of transport damage and risk of customs charging the sky upon landing.

I do not recommend imported tvs.

S $2,999 is equal to 1.35lacs in INR.. this TV is available for about that much in India itself with proper warranty, and the diwali freebies.. not a good deal in my opinion.. it is a good deal if it is less than 60% Indian best price for an imported set.. else not worth the trouble and risk..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back