Are Samsung signage leds worth for home use?

coolraghav

Hello,

I have no use of smart TV all I need is hdmi port to give a/c receiver output.

So how good are commercial signage leds to be used in home?

I am getting Samsung 85inch model QM85N at pretty good price.

Advise..

Thanks,

Hello,

Advise..

Thanks,
I know of a friend who had picked up a massive LG couple of years back which was for commercial use. He was pretty happy with it . However what you could miss out on are picture processing aspects such as HDR, upscaling, etc unless the TV has these features built in. Also check the resolution and what HDMI port is supported (atleast HDMI 2.0 ?)

Hello,

Advise..

Thanks,
Depends on your usage. Check what features it supports and what it does not.
Specifically check if ARC is supported; usually signage panels have no need for this.

But please remember, TV is not just a panel. It needs to support video/audio processing and have a decent UI.
Even most commercially available and popular TVs have really crummy UI/UX.

Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks for your reply guys to have more info I am attaching Spec sheet I just got.

They are giving their own Tizen OS. But IMO 85 inch for 2.85+gst is worth it?

I know of a friend who had picked up a massive LG couple of years back which was for commercial use. He was pretty happy with it . However what you could miss out on are picture processing aspects such as HDR, upscaling, etc unless the TV has these features built in. Also check the resolution and what HDMI port is supported (atleast HDMI 2.0 ?)

Hey as per specs, I do not see HDR although 4K and HDMI 2.0 is available. Running on Tizen Linux..

Hey as per specs, I do not see HDR although 4K and HDMI 2.0 is available. Running on Tizen Linux..
True, however if I were in your place I would also consider a 4k projector for the same price. A benq 4k HDR projector sells for around INR 1.25 L or even lower. Why spend 2.85+ GST for a commercial display ? For the same amount of money (or less) you can have a very decent 55inch 4k TV for general use plus a 4k HDR projector for movies which can give you images as big as 300 inches if required. Just my thinking and opinion.

True, however if I were in your place I would also consider a 4k projector for the same price. A benq 4k HDR projector sells for around INR 1.25 L or even lower. Why spend 2.85+ GST for a commercial display ? For the same amount of money (or less) you can have a very decent 55inch 4k TV for general use plus a 4k HDR projector for movies which can give you images as big as 300 inches if required. Just my thinking and opinion.

Hey thanks for suggestion, but putting a wall mounted projector in my drawing room is tedious, I got chandeliers and Pop which doesn't make projector suitable and mostly movies or dth or ps4 in light only.

Hey thanks for suggestion, but putting a wall mounted projector in my drawing room is tedious, I got chandeliers and Pop which doesn't make projector suitable and mostly movies or dth or ps4 in light only.
What is your viewing distance - hope its sufficiently long. When you are watching a TV (and that big) you are directly staring at a light source which is fairly bright. THX standards for viewing distance and screen size are pretty aggressive- hence check to see that it does not induce any discomfort. I watch 90 inches from 10 feet on my PJ but again that is projected image and hence easier on the eyes.
Also consider HDR. I have 4k TV without HDR since I bought it 3 years ago but today I feel that I am missing out given that HDR content is now available easily. Again just listing the pros and cons for you to think through.

What is your viewing distance - hope its sufficiently long. When you are watching a TV (and that big) you are directly staring at a light source which is fairly bright. THX standards for viewing distance and screen size are pretty aggressive- hence check to see that it does not induce any discomfort. I watch 90 inches from 10 feet on my PJ but again that is projected image and hence easier on the eyes.
Also consider HDR. I have 4k TV without HDR since I bought it 3 years ago but today I feel that I am missing out given that HDR content is now available easily. Again just listing the pros and cons for you to think through.
Hey bud, I already have tcl 65 with HDR.. Somehow whenever I play HDR content the screen gets quite dark although YEAH FIFA 20 runs brilliantly on HDR.

The viewing is quite extendable as my room is rectangular varies from 3.5 metres to 7 mtrs

Even Sharp Commercial Displays are super and better than Samsung. The commercial displays have better NITS that consumer models don't. Also they have better warranty and longer life 24x7 capable. A FullHD Sharp panel looks far better and crisper than a 4K UHD with tata sky or Netflix

Even Sharp Commercial Displays are super and better than Samsung. The commercial displays have better NITS that consumer models don't. Also they have better warranty and longer life 24x7 capable. A FullHD Sharp panel looks far better and crisper than a 4K UHD with tata sky or Netflix

Hmm, do you know any resellers in Delhi/NCR ?

@Amarendra Check the image attached, does it mean that HDR is available ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 2.22.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 2.22.48 PM.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 8
Back