Are Saregama HD Songs really High Quality?

mayur.basude

I am new to the world of Quality Audio and recently purchased a Denon AVR X-2500H Receiver with a pair of Polk Audio RTiA5 speakers.
So far my music sources have been HD streaming quality (320kbps) songs from Saavn, Wynk, Amazon Music and some old mp3 collection on my iPod from 2004.

After reading more about music source quality I started scouting for FLAC/WAV files over the internet to hear for myself if there is indeed a big difference in what i would hear.
This led me to www.saregama.com from where i could buy Hindi/Marathi HD songs (.wav files). I was thrilled and bought a few albums (in fact quite a few) which included old and some not so old movie albums like "Jait Re Jait", "Jhumroo", "Maine Pyaar Kiya", "Dosti", "Anand", "Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein", "Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jayenge", etc.
However, when i played these songs through a USB drive plugged into my AV receiver, i was totally underwhelmed by the sound quality. I felt these songs sounded much better when played through Wynk/Saavn/Amazon Music; even songs played via Amazon echo connected over Bluetooth to the Receiver sounded way better.

Has anybody else experienced something like this with Saregama downloaded songs? or am i missing something here? Please advise!

Saregama quality is crap. Their hd songs are terrible generally. I have found only 10% of their hd songs to be of good quality. It's a pity that most of the digital recordings of old Bollywood songs are bad, even on amazon, Saavn, Google, Gaana. What I have found is that the quality of songs on AIR online radio channels is better when it comes to golden age Bollywood.

A few of the WAV files from Saregama are really good. OSTs like Kudrat, Sansani, Karz, Disco Dancer et. Al are excellent. Rest are not up to the mark. While Polygram/ Music India / Universal has maintained their quality in the ACDs and digital versions.

Thanks,
Sourav

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back