Are these cheap cd's genuine?

greenhorn

Ran into these at the local grocery store (of all places)
Mp3 cd, 99 rs, with Sony DADC Stamps and somewhat official looking, except for the extremely low quality of the printing and packaging material, which make it look more like the local chinese/ pirated stuff. Are these for real ?

Yes bro, most of them are either pirated or used copies, and the worst part is Amazon's non return policy for music catagory. I don't know about sony dadc but company like tips music are making fool of us. Last year I ordered tips films "Yaadein" and "Mission Kashmir" and what I got was, the songs were recorded on cheap 10/- cd which we used to purchase from local shops, though outer cover and printing are original, but the recordings are so bad that even Spotify sounds good.

They are original and generally released by every label -Sony/T series/ Tips/Venus/ Universal/ SAREGAMA. I have been seeing these in stores since long time (10-15 years). Recording quality may be good or bad depending on the source. These were the counter measures to take care of or pirated CDs. Some MP3 might also mention 320kbps quality.
Nowadays they also provide MP3 songs in pendrives.

Yes bro, most of them are either pirated or used copies, and the worst part is Amazon's non return policy for music catagory. I don't know about sony dadc but company like tips music are making fool of us. Last year I ordered tips films "Yaadein" and "Mission Kashmir" and what I got was, the songs were recorded on cheap 10/- cd which we used to purchase from local shops, though outer cover and printing are original, but the recordings are so bad that even Spotify sounds good.
[/QUOTE

Dont order those Tips CD's priced at Rs99 ....they could be Silver or on Writable Disc ...its difficult to say

Order Tips CD's which have been released by Sony DADC - those are Silver Disc with good SQ

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back