Are your monthly CC based subscriptions continuing?

shankarcams

I thought we should share experiences on how monthly CC based subscriptions to services such as Netflix, Tidal etc. and magazine subscriptions and indeed any monthly subscriptions are faring.

I was subscribed to Spectator which had monthly instalments and it has now stopped. I understand from HDFC Bank that there is some new process that they themselves are unsure of. My Netflix failed but Netflix now has an UPI option which works well.

Would love to start a repository here of services and the workarounds to recurring subscriptions using CC.

Shankar

This seems to have been resolved now - you would have got an email from the subscription service, asking you to update the credit card details. I have done this with Netflix, Spotify and Apple Music and it works (for MasterCard).

Ok good to hear. I understand we may have to authorise every instalment with an OTP. I wonder if that is so. Will come to know when the next instalment happens I guess.

One of the advantages for the new method is said to be that we can cancel the instalments from our end instead of asking the provider to cancel the subscription. This would imply that all these mandates are available somewhere to be managed on the Bank's site. Would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of that.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back