around-the-ear headphones under INR 30k

vinvk

Hi

I'm looking for around-the-ear headphones under 30k.

Please suggest a few models considering the below.

1) I use my smartphone (Vivo X5 max) as the source.
It has a hi-fi grade DAC and AMP inbuilt. I do not intend to use any additional hardware other than the smartphone. (no external headphone amp or dac etc..)

2) Sound chracteristics should be warm natural, fatigue freee, enjoyable.
I took demo of BOSE head phones and found them bland and Sony too bright or boomy / artificial.

3) I listen to ALL genres except death metal.

4) I like bluetooth head phones for it's convenience. But, for the same or less price if a wired headphone offers much better sound, then I shall consider that as well.

5) I've shortlisted few models.
VMODA crossfade M100 wireless
Audio technica ath msr 7
Nad viso hp 50

And lastly, is there any place where I can take a demo of any of these models? I've contacted headphonezone.in they dont have demo in bangalore.

Thanks
Vinod

Hi Vinodh,

The two headphones in that price that you can never go wrong are

1. Sennheiser HD650 (HD600 are considered better by few but they are not available in india)

2. Philips Fidelio X2. Check out the review on InnerFidelity. They are not retailed here but if you can get through someone abroad, it should be well in your budget.

Cheers
Satya

Have an almost like new piece of B&W P7. Used for 2-3 hours max. Bought in June 2015. Lying packed. PM if interested. New is slightly over your budget, but this like-new piece well within!

VModa is kind of bass head.....if you hook up with bass, then it will be fatigue. Try to audition many CANS, as you have a good budget: better to buy at your taste

VModa is kind of bass head.....if you hook up with bass, then it will be fatigue. Try to audition many CANS, as you have a good budget: better to buy at your taste

Where can I take a demo of some of these headphones in Banagalore?

Are you looking for open or closed? You get much better open headphones at this price range.

I'm looking for closed back. As they can be used anywhere without bothering others. But, if I happen to listen to open back and I see a significant difference in the sound, then I may consider open back as well..

Does anyone know few stores in bangalore where I can take demo of some good quality headphones?

I would suggest you check out the psb m4u 2. Seems to fit your requirement. Ha active noise cancellation, 250 bucks in us. Has built in amp if needed, closed back, fatigue free sound. Not sure if they are available in India though.

Wait for the headphone meet that will be held on 19th dec. Last meet had quite a good collection of headphones to listen to.

Back