Astell & Kern Kann or Kann Cube anybody

Sutradhaar

Hiya !!

Anybody here who owns/uses Kann or Kann Cube ?
KANN: Is there a way to install Qubuz, Spotify on Kann ?
KANN CUBE: Did they upgraded the firmware of Cube to play MQA (Tidal) yet ?
KANN or KANN CUBE: Does that 3.5mm port also doubles as toslink port ?

So, Even though there's no comments here, I managed to order the CUBE this morning.
Getting it delivered in the US by tomorrow probably. And it'll reach me on 7th Dec.
Any comments, suggestions, advices - please.
Also, have added two over-the-ear headphones in the cart at HFZ, The Bower & Wilkinson PX & the Beyerdynanic Amiron Home to go with the Cube.

These are features related questions. Headphonezone advisors might be able to answer them. Try asking.

So, Even though there's no comments here, I managed to order the CUBE this morning.
Getting it delivered in the US by tomorrow probably. And it'll reach me on 7th Dec.
Any comments, suggestions, advices - please.
Also, have added two over-the-ear headphones in the cart at HFZ, The Bower & Wilkinson PX & the Beyerdynanic Amiron Home to go with the Cube.
Beyerdynamic anyday for me.

Thanks @Mayank Shah for endorsing Beyerdynamic. I choose B&W for travel.
lol sorry mate i was just too busy to send you the ak jr photos anyway you have gone for a better player. the px is a good hp i would anyday go for them atleast for build quality. the beyerdynamic are bit flimsy and not for traveling! though better on sound.

lol sorry mate i was just too busy to send you the ak jr photos anyway you have gone for a better player. the px is a good hp i would anyday go for them atleast for build quality. the beyerdynamic are bit flimsy and not for traveling! though better on sound.
Thanks metalmickey !!
So, PX is for travel and Beyerdynamic Amiron Home for home listening :)

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my order for Kann Cube as the delivery is being delayed due to the expected snow storm around Berkshire county area. So, now I have to either wait for someone travelling to/from the US or for HPZ to restock :(

Thanks metalmickey !!
So, PX is for travel and Beyerdynamic Amiron Home for home listening :)

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my order for Kann Cube as the delivery is being delayed due to the expected snow storm around Berkshire county area. So, now I have to either wait for someone travelling to/from the US or for HPZ to restock :(
my ak jr is still available

Hello all !!
So a lot of development since 2nd Dec 2019.
I now own 3 DAPs - Pioneer XDP-100R, iBasso DX220 & finally my Astell & Kern Kann Cube (aka Beast).
Oh ! Sorry, I sold the iBasso DX220 yesterday :)
I use the Kann Cube for personal listening sessions (headphones or IEM) as well as connect it with my Audiolab 6000A amp using the Kann Cube as a streamer as well as music server. Alas, my Audiolab 6000N hibernates till it finds a new owner :p

And I also have the Campfire Audio Polaris 2, the Focal Elegia Closed back headphones along with Beyerdynamic DT1770 & MrSpeakers Aeon Flow open back headphones.

And now aiming for the Astell & Kern SP2000

That was my 2 cents show-off ;)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back