Asus Xonar or Creative x-fi

corElement

So my requirements are

1. Dolby digital live
2. Crossover option from soundcard so soundcard+avr = 2 pass crossover.
3. high snr
4. Low heat and low CPU usage
5. PCI express
6. Options to make the subwoofer more dynamic/active
7. med profile to fit in atx htpc case

What should I get?

We have a saying in Tamil that goes as "Ramayanam Kettutu Sitakku Raman Chitaapavanu Ketana!". Loosely translated it means, 'Why are you asking if Lord Rama is the uncle of Sita after listening completely to the Ramayana?'.

I think there is no contest.

Cheers

lol, I'm guessing asus then :D but which model? I tried reading it up but theres so many! then thought maybe friends on hifi could give me somewhere to start off :D

For Music essense XT(pci though)
D2X for movies(even HDAV)
Xonar ST with 5.1 brd for both

Also take a look at Claro Halo sound cards. The Xonar D2x is a quality solution for movies as well as music. The Essence is the one for pure music.

The Claro Halo has impressive specifications but seem to have limited himself to 5.1. You need an additional card to go 7.1, and that too analogue. I don't see support for 7.1 HD audio as well as HDMI output.

Cheers

We have a saying in Tamil that goes as "Ramayanam Kettutu Sitakku Raman Chitaapavanu Ketana!". Loosely translated it means, 'Why are you asking if Lord Rama is the uncle of Sita after listening completely to the Ramayana?'.

I think there is no contest.

Cheers

:lol:

we have a similar saying in hindi, goes like "saari ramayan sunke puchta hai ki sita kiska baap tha"..:lol:

Ok guys after a lot of indepth research I went with a xonar d2x which I purchased off ebay us for 3.9k :) the d2x is acoustically superior to the hdav 1.3 even with its hdmi and dolby true hd codecs and all at a base level sound production. plus no hassle of hdmi and I dont have hdmi receiver anyway! woo!

I checked the prices on ebay,even bid,they are very high(not close to 3.9).In lower prices,moment you start bidding,message comes you are outbidded.
How did you manage for low cost?

The only problem with certain deals are that "No returns accepted"
Many sellers have this option & if item is nt working,we are in trouble.
Any solution?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back