ATC SCM-11 - Today's close Photos of grills

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Raj*

IF one has gone through my classified thread for Sale by owner, I just wanted to clear the position like Dudh kaa Dudh aur Paani kaa Paani. I got some time today so decided to take CLOSE photos of grill of both speakers in full DAYLIGHT (Others portion is absolutely 10/10 and I personally inspected so no snaps being taken to post here).

The hole is close to corner. I dont know how many could see it clearly particularly in case of one speaker. It is a must to watch FULL SIZE IMAGE. This post is just for information and welfare of forum members, thats it.

Speaker-1

Speaker-2

MORE CLEARER THAN ABOVE AND SEE FULL SIZE 3264x1840

Last edited:
Santhosh is taking speakers on Friday and I hope that it may not be possible for him not to post reality about speakers. BTW ATC strongly recommends not to use grill over speakers :lol:

I am sure that the previous deal didnt happen because of the grill issue. It is good as new. Even I like my SCM 40 without the grills.

Even though grills minor hole is absolutely on account of packing as one cant do identical damage (I would not say it damage but rubbing) manually. Anyway each grill price is 47 GBP (incl 20% VAT in UK) and may cost 10K total for both incl all. SO deal in 65K should have been steal for 112K original price speakers brought in mid Dec-11

Caution - Oh, I would never have bought those speakers because of the hole in the grill as it lets in too much air which could damage the driver one whiff at a time. It would also mess around with the audio waves and cause an imbalance in sound since a larger wave would go through the hole than any other part of the grill. This would mess with the sound signature esp. for rock and classical that have a lot of dynamics.

Pun intended ofcourse....

By the way, why are you still squirming about the incident and doodh and paani stuff. Its over and you had already made your point and found a new buyer. So move forward!

I am sure that the previous deal didnt happen because of the grill issue. It is good as new. Even I like my SCM 40 without the grills.

If one is so particular about something that he wont accept negligible aesthetic consideration for brand new speakers with full Indian warranty purchased @ 60% of price, it is his morale duty to inform that I cant accept 99.99% condition of item irrespective of rock bottom price. Anyway I have to be very careful on HFV before dealing anything in future.

Caution - Oh, I would never have bought those speakers because of the hole in the grill as it lets in too much air which could damage the driver one whiff at a time. It would also mess around with the audio waves and cause an imbalance in sound since a larger wave would go through the hole than any other part of the grill. This would mess with the sound signature esp. for rock and classical that have a lot of dynamics.

Pun intended ofcourse....

By the way, why are you still squirming about the incident and doodh and paani stuff. Its over and you had already made your point and found a new buyer. So move forward!

Man, everyone has a right to know about forum members before dealing and this is for welfare of members only. This forum doesnt have feedback option, this is really drawback. People who bear all kind of atrocities are responsible for damage to society

Santhosh is taking speakers on Friday and I hope that it may not be possible for him not to post reality about speakers. BTW ATC strongly recommends not to use grill over speakers :lol:
Thanks for the pictures Raj and confirming the condition. I will take the speakers on Friday. Arrangements are in progress.

If one is so particular about something that he wont accept negligible aesthetic consideration for brand new speakers with full Indian warranty purchased @ 60% of price, it is his morale duty to inform that I cant accept 99.99% condition of item irrespective of rock bottom price. Anyway I have to be very careful on HFV before dealing anything in future.

Some people look for 100% (or more) resale when they try to sell the items themselves thereby trying to hold items for few days for free.

Refer the below thread.
http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/15361-denon-poa-7-5-amp-supra-power-cord-2.html#post270092

The grill would have reduced the chances of a 100% resale and hence could have become an unacceptable scenario.

I still think denom would have been a victim of circumstance. We try to educate and make few of our friends end up with good products only to realise that they are time wasters and in worst case a***oles. Denom could have been caught up with one such person who realised at the last moment that 'the speakers seem costly.. err.. leave it..'.

Last edited:
BTW, is it possible to get another pair, put a hole and sell it for 40k? :D I am in queue.. :eek:hyeah:

Right hi-fi equipment at wrong place = Low value in used market.

Perhaps this could be first time in ATC's history a 4 month old SCM 11's going for such a low price. Even its cheaper considering UK used market value. Last time I saw an 18 month old with out even speaker grills went for more than 40k on ebay UK. USA used market prices are way more than UK prices.

Missed few some fast pace movie like sequences here due to my vacation to an no broadband/very low signal of mobile in few places that too walk up-to few 100mts.

Santhosh is an lucky guy to pick these and "Raj" should be an nice gentleman to reveal all the things in details. His earlier sale thread is an proof and this too.

As indicated by him there should be an rating points should be given to seller and buyer or a thread for bashing the unwanted intruders:lol:

Santhosh enjoy those ultimate ATC's:)

@Raj,

I can see where you are coming from. You can be rest assured that most of the folks on the forum will never put you through the nuisance that you had to go through. Look at the many offers you got bro :)

raj,

my suggestion to you still remains the same as i made in your sale thread.. Close this thread too and move forward.

FM bashing is not your objective.

I see denoms name in all this but i dont see a response from him or MAC's. Maybe its best that way.

Maybe there has been some genuine mis-communication.. lets give him that benifit. I have met denom few times and he seems a nice guy.

I would not want to know the contents of the SMS you have and i am sure the other FM's will agree.

Lets close the page here.

I request HFV to close this thread please and maybe look at introducing a rating system for product sale on the lines of audiogon etc..

rgds,
mpw

Denom's currently not in Navi Mumbai .... hez on vacation. Thats the reason why he has not responded, maybe.

As far as his credibility stands .... 'vouch for him' is just too less of a statement! Hez a GEM in here ... his contributions, his assistance to a many Forum Members here, including me, is something which I personally cannot match, even if I wanted to sometimes!

At this day and age .... SMS es????? Is it not easier to correspond via simple calling up and talking? Or, some people genuinely have some speech-related issues? I really find it tough to 'type', that too on miniscule qwerty pads! No pun intended here .........

Denom's currently not in Navi Mumbai .... hez on vacation. Thats the reason why he has not responded, maybe.

As far as his credibility stands .... 'vouch for him' is just too less of a statement! Hez a GEM in here ... his contributions, his assistance to a many Forum Members here, including me, is something which I personally cannot match, even if I wanted to sometimes!

At this day and age .... SMS es????? Is it not easier to correspond via simple calling up and talking? Or, some people genuinely have some speech-related issues? I really find it tough to 'type', that too on miniscule qwerty pads! No pun intended here .........

Off topic from this thread,,, what about the progress on your speakers?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back