Atlantic or Vardus

nitish

Hi!
I need to buy a pair of loud "party" floorstanders. Do any of you guys own or has anyone heard the Wharfedale Atlantic 400? I heard them last week at Designer Audio, and was enthralled. The sound was real loud and punchy with lots of bass when I played dance music, and refined when I played soft rock, with great depth.
Was tempted to buys these right away, but thought that I would ask for advise from fellow members.
What about Wharfedale Vardus 300 / 400?
Others that I shortlisted are Klipsch F1 and Mission m34i
Somehow I did not like the Diamond 10.4, though I was told that they were better speakers.
My budget is sub 30K.
Atlantic 400 23K
Klipsch F1 30K
Mission m34i 28K
Vardus 400 20K
Vardus 300 15K

Please advise

since you'r enot looking for the highest level of quality, yours is going to be a very subjective choice (actually all choicse are subjective, but yours particularly so), so it's best that you listen to all these fellows and decide which you like best. Or pick up the Atlantic 400 and be happy :)

what amp and source are you gonna mate it with?

Hi!
I have a Denon AVR 2309, with Pioneer 533K & 383 DVD players. I have Diamond 8.3 as my front speakers and Wharfedale centre and surround speakers. These are supported by a JBL PB12 subwoofer.
I need to buy a second pair for the other room. Here I want punchy speakers with lots of bass (the Diamond 8.3 are very good, but they are more laid back and not party speakers).
Unfortunately I heard all the speakers that I have shortlisted at different places, in rooms with different acoustics. I took along my own CD however and heard the same track at all these places (Dire Straits Money for nothing & Pink Floyd Time).
I liked the Atlantic the best, but since I heard them in different rooms, my judgement could be wrong. Hence I need your help.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back