Atmos setup for small room

apshajan

Hi,
My living room length is 20 feet and width is 7 feet and 10 feet height (20'*7'*10') and seeting position from tv is around 13-14 feet. Can I set up a Dolby Atmos setup (5.1.2) in that room. Can I feel the height channel effects? Can I use floor standing speakers in that small room?

Hi,
My living room length is 20 feet and width is 7 feet and 10 feet height (20'*7'*10') and seeting position from tv is around 13-14 feet. Can I set up a Dolby Atmos setup (5.1.2) in that room. Can I feel the height channel effects? Can I use floor standing speakers in that small room?
Yeah.. Atmos can be done.
What's your budget?

Hi,
Yes ,Atmos can be done .Better to go with a good book shelves as fronts speakers.
Since the width of the room is less,try to place the front speakers as much wider it can be.
U can feel the height channels if its installed at correct angles ,as per Dolby specs.
Tell us your budget ,so that FM can suggest better accordingly.

Hi,
Yes possible, but it will add more in terms of ambience than anything hitting you from the ceiling.

Hi,

Hi ...

Atmos is eminently doable in that room size. Since you seem to be concentrating on home theatre. I would suggest 4 atmos speakers. Since the width is limited at 7 feet . I would strongly recommend a sat+sub package. Please don't add any book shelves or floor standers. Just spend the money saved on 2 good sub woofers. You will have a excellent sounding HT system. I lived with a sat+sub combination in a 11x14 ft room for 2 years. It had all the impact I wanted.

Thanks for the replies...
My budget is 50000 for AVR. I have old DVD HTIB (LG) 5.1 speakers with 4 ohm and rated power 45w to 90w. So I think to use the speakers temporarily as 5.1 and will buy the speakers later so I can use it as Atmos speakers

Hi,
Yes you can use FS in the small room, I use the FS in 11x12 room size.

I have installed atmos in a 12x8 room. I used the height channels at the rear, just a feet ahead of the listening position. Carefully position and balance the speakers and you surely can enjoy it

I have installed atmos in a 12x8 room. I used the height channels at the rear, just a feet ahead of the listening position. Carefully position and balance the speakers and you surely can enjoy it
Which speakers are they

Just a doubt. Both of them are 7 channel amp, right? So, only 2 height channel possible, right?
Yes.
Its your preference .U can configure as 2 height channels or 2 rear surrounds or 2 top fronts or 2 Atmos enabled speakers

Last edited:
Yes.
Its your preference .imo U can configure as 2 height channels or 2 rear surrounds or 2 top fronts.
Exactly. Apart from the standard 5 bed layers, we can have 2 Atmos channel. When configuring 2, best bet is ceiling mount than height mount. As I heard from other YT channel, he gave good reviews only for Atmos height in the back.

Exactly. Apart from the standard 5 bed layers, we can have 2 Atmos channel. When configuring 2, best bet is ceiling mount than height mount. As I heard from other YT channel, he gave good reviews only for Atmos height in the back.
Yes .
It depends on seating arrangements .
TML and TMR works good for me in my primary set-up compared to front height ( secondary set-up ).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back