Audeze LCD2 Classics.

turkishbald

Hello guys, wanted to check on the general impressions of these and possible pairing options under 20k including portable amplifier/dac setup. What I had in mind was LCD2C + ifi xCAN or something like a topping a50s, what do you pros think about it?

Hello @turkishbald
LCD2C require high current amps.
I'll never pair audeze with above mentioned amps especially chifi.
I've extensively tried TOTL planar headphone & own audeze lcd i4.
Try to get Sapphire V4 DIY amp made by @kartikay . It will drive them with authority & grip.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, will check that out. I just got a great deal on LCD2C and xCAN so bought them (Wanted to try out the xCAN as a portable set up). I will decide on the desk set after I get to listen to the headphones. The DAC I have is a balanced based on ess 9038, so should sound quite neutral and a can be paired well based on the amp and speaker/headphones. A couple of others I had in mind was Asgard 3, magnius and Topping a90 (I see a lot of hype around it and other topping amps).

Try to get Sapphire V4 DIY amp made by @kartikay . It will drive them with authority & grip.
I've been trying to score a Sapphire myself.. There aren't any spare units with Kartik and I cudnt find a listing for a used one. So unless members club multiple units to order, I'm doubtful any will be available soon.. Let's hope we can put in enough requests for Kartik to 'drop' a few units of Sapphire

If you come across anyone who has one, do help me out..

Back