Audimute - Sound proofing material manufactured using natural/organic materials.

john_k_antony

Hi,

I came across the following web site while searching for acoustic materials made up of natural / organic materials. This is the web site of the company. They seem to ship to international destinations, however the shipping prices seem to be pretty expensive. Please check out and let me know your comments.

Their prices seems to be okay and the installation process is pretty simple.

Sound Proofing, Soundproofing Material: Lowest Prices - Audimute Soundproofing

Thanks,
John

Hi John: I like the idea of natural materials being used in the production of these absorbtion and diffusion panels. They seem very well priced as well. However, the products themselves seem very basic and there are more advanced engineered designs that perhaps could be more effective for the job. Check out this site for example: Jocavi Group

@ John,

Please go through this doc. Another cheap alternative using coir fibre.

http://www.eurojournals.com/ejsr_28_2_08.pdf

Hey thanks bibin. Apparently, my architect suggested me a solution with Coir Pith for sound proofing. My architect knows a place in Alleppy, Kerala where he can get it for cheap. I also heard lots of old movie theaters and recording studios used to use that. My architect has contacts with studio owners in Kerala. So he is talking to them to get more details. Other issue of using coir pith is termite and other pests. Also its highly inflammable. So we are thinking of using Hilux false ceiling and then paste coir pith 1" panels on them and then run the wires inside the false ceiling so coir pith is not in contact with electrical wires. Also we are going to experiment with applying external wall texture work on the remaining portion of the false ceiling, which will act as a mild diffuser because of irregular texture pattern. We are planning to go with the '+' type texture pattern. And on the walls, we will use 4" coir pith panels. We are researching on the possibility of building corner bass traps with coir pith.

-John.

Hi John: I like the idea of natural materials being used in the production of these absorbtion and diffusion panels. They seem very well priced as well. However, the products themselves seem very basic and there are more advanced engineered designs that perhaps could be more effective for the job. Check out this site for example: Jocavi Group

Their products looks good. Unfortunately they dont have distributors/dealers in India :(. Do you guys know about any Indian based / foreign company with Indian distributors who has natural acoustic materials. I am not going to use glass wool or any similar substance that is not recommended because of its potential health issues.

-John.

Their products looks good. Unfortunately they dont have distributors/dealers in India :(. Do you guys know about any Indian based / foreign company with Indian distributors who has natural acoustic materials. I am not going to use glass wool or any similar substance that is not recommended because of its potential health issues.

-John.

John,

You can also consider synthetic poly fiber from Anutone.

There are lots of potential health hazards associated with natural materials. Isn't asbestos a natural material? As far as I know (and it isn't very much) there are risks associated with installing glass wool, but, once it is installed, I don't think there is any problem. Bear in mind that it is extensively used for heat insulation in countries where "health and safety" is taken very seriously indeed. I don't think you can use asbestos in any form in my mother country, but you can buy rolls of glass wool from the local DIY superstore and insulate your own attic.
Other issue of using coir pith is termite and other pests.
Currently coping with termites in our house here in Chennai, where they have caused considerable damage to our wooden kitchen (thankfully all out-of-sight and repairable) so I'd recommend taking this risk very seriously indeed. And my next kitchen will be built of brick/concrete.

On a browsing session I came across Jocavi, a Portuguese company that seems to cater for everything from a home cinema to a concert audatorium. I don't really not what would be appropriate for home use, or if this stuff could be imported. All I can say is that, visually, some of their stuff is incredible!

On a browsing session I came across Jocavi, a Portuguese company that seems to cater for everything from a home cinema to a concert audatorium. I don't really not what would be appropriate for home use, or if this stuff could be imported. All I can say is that, visually, some of their stuff is incredible!

I just provided the link to Jocavi a few posts earlier. If you would like I can send you pictures of the panels that i have from them. I did not buy them directly from them, but I am sure they will sell them at a good "distributors" price if you wanted to import them. The animated dispersion videos on their site are really fun to watch !!!

I just provided the link to Jocavi a few posts earlier. If you would like I can send you pictures of the panels that i have from them. I did not buy them directly from them, but I am sure they will sell them at a good "distributors" price if you wanted to import them. The animated dispersion videos on their site are really fun to watch !!!

Staxxx,

I would be really glad to know how you got the panels from Jocavi :). Some pictures of the panels you have will be a great help.

Thanks,
John.

Oh! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorry Staxxx. I had forgotten the company name, and by the time I found it, did not remember your post.

Would love to see your pics, from curiosity, but I'm sure that both pics and details of how you got and used these will be useful to many members who are actually doing or planning room treatment

I was able to get the panels from Jocavi from a dealer in Belgium who was representing them in shows etc. I bought the panels which were mounted in boxes as it was easier for him to carry and display it that way. I use about three types and will happily post a photo although it may not be of any use to anyone as they are still very loosely mounted - for example placed at the first reflection points etc. - as I in the process of setting up my audio space in this apartment. I also wanted to be able to very quickly move it into the balcony if I had guests coming !! Of course they will remain in place if there are any die hard audiophiles in Bangalore who would like to have a listen.

Oh! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorry Staxxx. I had forgotten the company name, and by the time I found it, did not remember your post.

Would love to see your pics, from curiosity, but I'm sure that both pics and details of how you got and used these will be useful to many members who are actually doing or planning room treatment

Here are some pictures of the Jocavi panels. I hope I have uploaded these correctly. The first one is behind the speakers to diffuse sound (and therefore not lose any energy) because of the opening to the bedrooms. The second is an absorber at the first reflection point. And the third is a diffusor behind the listening area.....I was playing around and I like this configuration best.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back