• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Audio CDs

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

prepress

I am looking for Audio CDs (Hindi Bollywood 1990-2000 movies). Contact me with the titles you have.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Shivam

I am looking for old English albums of almost all genres, preferably classical, jazz, blues, country and old rock.

(Unfortunate that their sale is not permitted in the classifieds section.)

prepress

I think they should permitted if they are original ones, as we are able to post SALE OF LPs (not sure if because of Analog).

I am looking for old English albums of almost all genres, preferably classical, jazz, blues, country and old rock.

(Unfortunate that their sale is not permitted in the classifieds section.)

prepress

This is the reason why CDs are not permitted to be sold on the forum !

Yes, I agree. But I guess if the CDs are original they should be permitted. But there is no guaranty for HFV that they are original or ripped. In case of Vinyl there is no way for piracy.

abhijitnath

Of course you can tell if it's an original or ripped. The CD won't have a matrix number if it's ripped, no?
I've never understood the reluctance to allow CDs to be sold here. If the seller is crooked, ban him, put a cautionary message up and move on. Bad deals happen across all kinds of media. Why restrict the ban to CDs alone?

prepress

Yes, If CDs are original then there shouldn't any issue. Even we also post a clicked image for the stuff on sale. Ultimately every sale matures on trust, it is electronic goods either LPs. If somebody wants to cheat, he can in other stuffs. But on HFV, trust is there and surety of genuine items.

Of course you can tell if it's an original or ripped. The CD won't have a matrix number if it's ripped, no?
I've never understood the reluctance to allow CDs to be sold here. If the seller is crooked, ban him, put a cautionary message up and move on. Bad deals happen across all kinds of media. Why restrict the ban to CDs alone?

wlg

Yes, I agree. But I guess if the CDs are original they should be permitted. But there is no guaranty for HFV that they are original or ripped. In case of Vinyl there is no way for piracy.

I have a whole collection of pirated Lp's from Taiwan, S.Korea, S.Africa etc

Shivam

I have a whole collection of pirated Lp's from Taiwan, S.Korea, S.Africa etc

So now either we can get the sale of LPs also banned again or the sale of CDs permitted. I wonder what's the take of mods on this topic. What about audio cassettes ?

Coming back to the original topic - I am still looking for some good 'original' audio CDs of various genres.

jbgude

..... In case of Vinyl there is no way for piracy.

Well there are hundreds pirated LPs of many artists - among the most collectable are those of the Beatles and Elvis Presley and I have several : in Elvis' case it was almost an industry churning out hundreds alternate unreleased takes of many of his songs and concerts- and surprisingly, even today there are a few pirated CDs coming out!

I do have a few ORIGINAL DVDs , Blu-ray and CDs for sale or exchange - would like to hear from interested persons: perhaps we can have a private mailing group and have the members vetted by each other to avoid unpleasent experiences.